Multi dotting

Re: Multi dotting

Post 31 Mar 2011 10:33

User avatarxenophics

On Halfus, I can't see which mobs have my dots (except for my focus target). When the whelps die it'll become to a tab-through fest.

On Ascendant Council I focus target Terrastra and switch to him every time Arion teleports away. Melee will be on Terrastra anyway so Arion needs more focus from ranged, thus becomes my priority target.

Post 03 Apr 2011 13:36

So on Halfus, what is your DoT uptime on the mobs if you use this technique? Also, how do you go about moving while tabbing while dotting? I guess it all comes down to what hotkeys you use but I've found it quite difficult to tab while moving while dotting.

Post 03 Apr 2011 13:45

User avatarxenophics

The dot uptime is very low in the beginning, but this is only when we kill the whelps. After that I can pretty much keep the dots up on rest of the drakes.

Dotting and moving is fine, as I don't really need to move that much, and when I do I can just use swd (which is quite ok when I burn my mana on the dots). I also have good binds for instant dots like swp and dp.

Post 03 Apr 2011 21:37

xenophics wrote:The dot uptime is very low in the beginning, but this is only when we kill the whelps. After that I can pretty much keep the dots up on rest of the drakes.

Dotting and moving is fine, as I don't really need to move that much, and when I do I can just use swd (which is quite ok when I burn my mana on the dots). I also have good binds for instant dots like swp and dp.

How many targets do you try to keep DoTs on when whelps are up?

So if you are tabbing through targets, how are you actually doing it =P? I mean, let's say you tab and see that there is 5 seconds left on VT, do you go ahead and recast VT or do you go to next target and check? How do you go back to the target with 5 seconds left on VT if you didn't recast VT? I guess it would be hard to explain but I would appreciate it=)

Post 04 Apr 2011 14:54

User avatarxenophics

The whelps blow up in around ~30 seconds with our dps (depends on whether we use lust or not). So I just tab through them, cast swp first and then start channeling vt and already tab away before the cast lands (this gives you time to see if your new targets has your dots on and decide to either tab away or recast something). Most likely I'd recast a vt with ~4 seconds left, and mf the target if it already has swp. When the whelps are about to die I make sure that at least my focus targets has dots (and if easy to pick, dot the drakes as well) and might throw in a mind sear to finish the whelps off.

I never "tab back" to find _that_ mob with 2 seconds of vt left when I tabbed away. Not worth it.

Post 05 Apr 2011 22:39

xenophics wrote:The whelps blow up in around ~30 seconds with our dps (depends on whether we use lust or not). So I just tab through them, cast swp first and then start channeling vt and already tab away before the cast lands (this gives you time to see if your new targets has your dots on and decide to either tab away or recast something). Most likely I'd recast a vt with ~4 seconds left, and mf the target if it already has swp. When the whelps are about to die I make sure that at least my focus targets has dots (and if easy to pick, dot the drakes as well) and might throw in a mind sear to finish the whelps off.

I never "tab back" to find _that_ mob with 2 seconds of vt left when I tabbed away. Not worth it.

Thank you very much for the help.

I tried this on Maloriak HC(progress raid) on the Vile Swills and what I noticed is that I had problems keeping DoTs on all targets, it was like 1-2 two mobs that would be completely out of DoTs because my tab didn't hit them. I adjusted my positioning a bit so it got better.

Post 03 May 2011 09:42

Hello,

Just want to say that i usually use the ForteXorcist configured to keep track of my VT/SWP/DP on all targets. Its very good.

Post 07 Jun 2011 09:39

On Halfus you can use target macros too, it's really easy that way.

Take Halfus for your focus and make 4 target macros(/tar Storm/Time/Nether/Slate)

Always go in the same order, so non of your dots should drop.

Full dots on halfus -> /tar Storm, vt + swp -> /tar Time, vt + swp -> /tar Nether, vt + swp -> /tar Slate, vt + swp -> /tar focus(halfus), vt + mf -> /tar Storm, vt + mf -> /tar Time, vt + mf -> /tar Nether, vt + mf -> /tar Slate, vt + mf -- and repeat

You just need to cast your mb everytime it's rdy, cause you will almost always have 3 orbs, while are 5 targets are alive, you vt will drop till you come to the same targets again, but after 1 drake is down, you can keep all your dots rolling and don't forget to refresh DP sometimes, I keep DP on Halfus, cause it's much easier.