Healing Sinestra.

Healing Sinestra.

Post 03 Apr 2011 14:39

We have recently started Sinestra and managed P3 consistently, however things go to hell pretty quick. So, I'd like to make sure I'm doing my part right.
What sort of healing rotation do you use in P3?
At the moment, I chain Prayer of Healing till about 10 seconds from Flame Breath, and then shield 2 groups. Our raid isn't geared enough for me to just shield the whole raid and let others top up the raid after breath.
Am I doing it right, or should I make changes? Also, are there any particularly great uses for Barrier? Right now, I use it when the tank has wrack or is on low HP during a breath.
Lastly, we have never reached the point where Essence of the Red fades, but when it does, my healing plan is much the same, except only shield one group unless I have Power Infusion (which I should have for the first breath after buff fades). Maybe I should just roll Prayer of Healing on all groups instead?

Thank you for any help.

Re: Healing Sinestra.

Post 05 Apr 2011 06:19

User avatarJhazrun

Negash wrote:I chain Prayer of Healing till about 10 seconds from Flame Breath, and then shield 2 groups.

That sounds... incredibly stringent. Do all of your Prayers reach five? What about Wrack victims? Or out-of-position Orb targets?
I don't think Sintharia is an encounter in which one could employ anything resembling a rotation. More often than not I just find myself running in circles with a chaotic mix of PW:S, ProH, Penance, GH, and Dispel.

Negash wrote:Our raid isn't geared enough for me to just shield the whole raid and let others top up the raid after breath.

What do you mean with this? As far as I'm aware, one source of output is as good as another, and PW:S commands competitive HPS. They're connected to raid spread and damage distribution, but certainly not gear.

Negash wrote:Are there any particularly great uses for Barrier?

It serves as a makeshift Pain Suppression with which to prolong fresh Wracks.

Negash wrote:(When) Essence of the Red fades, my healing plan is much the same, except only shield one group. Maybe I should just roll Prayer of Healing on all groups instead.

Without the Haste, ProH loses all of its viability. Shadowfiend should stretch out your mana pool for long enough to support non-stop PW:S.

Post 06 Apr 2011 16:33

Going along with this topic; Is there anyway I can make grid show how long wrack has been on a person with numbers? I have it set up so i can see the wrack icon debuff and a shadowed countdown timer, but I would like numbers to see how long it has been on a target.

Post 06 Apr 2011 20:37

User avatarJhazrun

drush wrote:Is there anyway I can make grid show how long wrack has been on a person with numbers?

I don't keep track of official releases, but let me know if (EDIT: Redundant, see below) suits your needs. It's what I hastily devised for our own progress at the time, and though 'tmay be unrefined, it's served me faithfully.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 07 Apr 2011 06:38, edited 1 time in total.

Post 06 Apr 2011 21:52

User avatarRei

Post 08 Apr 2011 04:44

Negash wrote:I chain Prayer of Healing till about 10 seconds from Flame Breath, and then shield 2 groups.

That sounds... incredibly stringent. Do all of your Prayers reach five? What about Wrack victims? Or out-of-position Orb targets?
I don't think Sintharia is an encounter in which one could employ anything resembling a rotation. More often than not I just find myself running in circles with a chaotic mix of PW:S, ProH, Penance, GH, and Dispel.

In our default positions, there's always someone in a group I can target with PoH to hit all 5 people. When there are orb targets, I heal a different group that isn't affected -- right after shielding the orb targets (I usually do this while repositioning after I steer clear of the nearest orb.) So the general rule I follow, PW:S on the move, PoH while still -> shield as much as possible with 10 seconds to go on breath.

Negash wrote:Our raid isn't geared enough for me to just shield the whole raid and let others top up the raid after breath.

What do you mean with this? As far as I'm aware, one source of output is as good as another, and PW:S commands competitive HPS. They're connected to raid spread and damage distribution, but certainly not gear.

After each breath, we have to top up the raid first and foremost, and it doesn't seem like the other healers can manage it without me raid healing as well. So I end up having to assist with topping the raid, leaving me only about 10 sec for shielding.
Or should the other 2 raid healers be able to top everyone without my assist? I just really want to get into a position where I can have most of the raid shielded for breath.

Negash wrote:(When) Essence of the Red fades, my healing plan is much the same, except only shield one group. Maybe I should just roll Prayer of Healing on all groups instead.

Without the Haste, ProH loses all of its viability. Shadowfiend should stretch out your mana pool for long enough to support non-stop PW:S.

How many breaths do you think is standard to have once the buff fades?

Thank you.

Post 11 Apr 2011 12:42

User avatarJhazrun

Negash wrote:In our default positions, there's always someone in a group I can target with PoH to hit all 5 people. When there are orb targets, I heal a different group that isn't affected -- right after shielding the orb targets (I usually do this while repositioning after I steer clear of the nearest orb.)

Total HPS doesn't count for much. All raid deaths occur from a burst of Wrack/Pulse/Whelp damage coinciding with a Breath, and the primary task of the healers is to counterbalance those spikes.

Negash wrote:After each breath, we have to top up the raid first and foremost, and it doesn't seem like the other healers can manage it without me raid healing as well. So I end up having to assist with topping the raid, leaving me only about 10 sec for shielding. Or should the other 2 raid healers be able to top everyone without my assist?

Does absorption serve them worse than healing? Discipline doesn't stare at health bar percentages.

Negash wrote:How many breaths do you think is standard to have once the buff fades?

As many as you can or need to, whichever comes first.

Post 21 Jun 2011 07:57

Hi, we have finally arrived at Sinestra's door (cave) and are willing do poke her to death with sharp things =)

A 10 man group with a Paladin and (me) Holy Priest healing setup.

I was researching the best ways to tune my character for this encounter and it seems that I'd better reforge and regem for haste, however deciding on a talent build has been troublesome.

I know you (and Zhinn?) used an Archangel build, but loss of 2 points of Darkness isnt a welcoming thought. Also, I really don't think I'm going to have time to Smite/HF between breaths when dealing with shadow orbs and Wrack.. so I thought of alternative builds. Please take a look and tell me what you think, I'm open for suggestions! =)

Archangel build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZfuMrokrkfzoo:oVa0dq
Alternative one http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfuMrkkrkfzoh:oVa0oq

Post 21 Jun 2011 12:18

User avatarJhazrun

I'm pretty sure none of that is going to matter. After all, you're already GCD-capped for the relevant part of the encounter.