Disc Healing

Disc Healing

Post 12 Apr 2011 16:56

Hello!

I'm currently playing a Discipline Priest in a 5/13 25man heroic guild (but i also play holy for some fights- im a strong believer that a priest shouldn't gear towards one healing spec!)

I've armouried Jhazrun, and i see he (or she!) is using 2 DPS trinkets; one from Valiona and Theralion and the other one from a Darkmoon Card. I'm wondering if these are only for one fight (for example, try to force them both to proc before a breath on Sinestra and then shielding the raid with bubbles that absorb insane amounts), or if you're using them for every fight (for the same reason).

My armoury is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced , i believe my gearing and gemming are fine for Disc but if you wanna check over it, feel free :)

Thanks,

Valdura!

Re: Disc Healing

Post 13 Apr 2011 04:02

User avatarJhazrun

It's my standard pairing for Disc, yes, though not suitable for certain encounters (Chimaeron, the Ascendants).

It also pains me to see Inner Sanctum and Strength of Soul where Archangel and Atonement ought to be.

Post 13 Apr 2011 10:18

I've recently specced out of Archangel/Atonement, as i found myself using it next-to-never (i know i probably should, but i can never seem to find the right time to smite spam). Any tips on when i should (roughly) be doing it?

Post 13 Apr 2011 16:50

User avatarJhazrun

Valdura wrote:i found myself using it next-to-never. Any tips on when i should (roughly) be doing it?

Are you chain-casting for the entire combat? I just keep a Smite @Focus macro as a filler button to hit when nothing else feels appropriate.

Post 10 May 2011 11:24

I'm not the OP but I'm running AA/Atonement spec and am using a DMC: Tsunami with a Fall of Mortality. Would you think that replacing the Fall of Mortality with a DMC: Volcano be effective for my 10m raiding that is beginning heroic modes? Up until now I've been HF/smiting a significant amount and have been working it in pretty comfortably to both my downtimes and for periods where I need AA up for the 15% buff. I'm curious how the DMC: Volcano would fare against the Mandala of Stirring Patterns. I was also wondering if you run mostly with Inner Fire or Inner Focus from your disc spec.

My armory is here if you wouldn't mind taking a look.
Please excuse my lack of Power Torrent as I've been waiting until I replace the 353 MH.

Thanks for your time!

Post 10 May 2011 12:23

User avatarJhazrun

A single Holy Fire triggers DMC:Volcano over 90% of the time, and the SPI makes both the Fall and Mandala somewhat unappealing for Disci.

I haven't found myself particularly concerned with Will/Fire since 4.1, but Will is generally safer to forget on for extended periods of time.

Your Armory looks appropriate as-is.

Post 14 May 2011 20:57

saw this thread and definitely was intrigued. I've been using dmc:T and jar for healing and not taking into consideration when i switch to my atonement spec the on healing spell procs (durp), in your opinion(jhaz) what would be the bis trinkets to use with an atonement/AA build?

the only ones i can think of would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=59514 , http://www.wowhead.com/item=62047 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=59519

im sort of leaning towards HoI and TM atm

Post 14 May 2011 22:08

User avatarJhazrun

I really like DMC:Volcano along with Shard of Woe (if it's counted). The Mirror is just inflexible since 15-second PW:S, but the Heart does nothing for your mana and falls off too easily.

Post 24 May 2011 03:20

very true, ya i'm 9/12 right now but am starting this week with a new guild thats 6/13 heroic lol if the shard was available it would obv win out. ty for your time/answer and good luck in 4.2

Post 04 Jul 2011 19:15

DMC:V and Shard of Woe for Discipline.

As you said there is an exception for some fights in the old tier where they weren't exactly useful and now a new tier is in, what trinkets do you have in mind for more non-Atonement Disc and Atonement Disc?