Disc Priest 25m Help

Re: Disc Priest 25m Help

Post 18 May 2011 11:42

User avatarJhazrun

Ryoflash wrote:A) What fights are disc favored, holy favored, or both perform equally so go with preference

The Omnitron: H
Magmaw: H/D
Chimaeron: D
Maloriak: D/H
Atramedes: H
Nefarian: D

Halfus Wyrmbreaker: D
Theralion and Valiona: D/H
The Ascendants: H/D
Cho'Gall: H/D
Sintharia: D/H

The Conclave of Wind: H
Al'Akir: H

Ryoflash wrote:B) I've found myself reforging/picking gear heavy in mastery and not so much haste, but I feel this is affecting me when I do go holy as haste is rather low for it. Is there a sweet spot you've found for gear stats in shifting between the two specs with ease? I'm basically wondering if I should try gathering more haste to help out holy, even if it means dropping some mastery in my disc.

Discipline is more receptive to Haste now than before 4.1, and though I haven't felt the need to touch my own gear, you shouldn't be overly concerned with the weights of the two. Strut that Haste if it's how you feel.

Post 28 May 2011 18:16

Hi Jhazrun,
Would you mind explaining why holy is the only viable spec in the Omnitron encounter. I am familiar with the changes on HM, but I have never engaged the Defense System on HM, nor have I spend much time thinking why only holy is viable.

Thx

Post 29 May 2011 13:59

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:Would you mind explaining why holy is the only viable spec in the Omnitron encounter. I am familiar with the changes on HM, but I have never engaged the Defense System on HM, nor have I spend much time thinking why only holy is viable.

In all fairness it's less absolute than the others, but I have it marked as such as, unlike in most fights, there just aren't any compelling reasons to consider Discipline while progressing on the encounter. Even Atonement is awkward with split tank damage and boss shields.

Having said that, PW:S-sniping one's way to the top of the meters while overgeared does have its moments…

Post 29 May 2011 14:54

Aight, that makes sense ;) I'll just stick do disci as long as we just pass the fight on normal mode then, I do like shielding :)

Thx

Post 30 May 2011 09:39

Yet another question..
Nefarian 10m normal. When the freaking DM Fairy shows up in a couple of days I'll finally get my DMC: Volcano. Anyway, do you think it would be viable to, since its only 10m, proc the card and then shield everyone before Electrocutes? Or how do you handle Electrocutes on 25 man? PoH or do you shield as many as the new 15 sec duration allows? Barrier too ofc.

A 2nd question :)
What do you calculate the internal cooldown on the card to? 60 sec or how was it?

Thx

Post 30 May 2011 14:34

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:Yet another question..
Nefarian 10m normal. When the freaking DM Fairy shows up in a couple of days I'll finally get my DMC: Volcano. Anyway, do you think it would be viable to, since its only 10m, proc the card and then shield everyone before Electrocutes? Or how do you handle Electrocutes on 25 man? PoH or do you shield as many as the new 15 sec duration allows? Barrier too ofc.

PW:S is obviously effective against Electrocute, but trying to time the Card is probably not worth the trouble.

Éowym wrote:What do you calculate the internal cooldown on the card to? 60 sec or how was it?

45 seconds.

Post 30 May 2011 15:36

I hope you don't mind if I join your discussion.

Due to the fact that summer is around the corner my current guild decided to do 10mans ( down from 25m ). Since few days I've been running with your disc AA spec Jhazrun, but I reforged all pieces of gear with mastery to haste for obvious reasons. However, Im still not entirely sure if it's the best option to put only 2 points in "Empowered healing", just because in 10mans there's a lot more space for direct heals like gheal. On the other hand shields aren't used so often, so i've been thinking if it's worth to take 1 point from mental agility and put it into empowered healing. What do you think about that? Maybe you have other ideas, or is it just perfectly fine to run with 2/3 EH ( I'd like to keep DP cause this "oh-shit" button really saves ass from time to time )?

Post 30 May 2011 22:30

User avatarJhazrun

unplugged wrote:Im still not entirely sure if it's the best option to put only 2 points in "Empowered healing", just because in 10mans there's a lot more space for direct heals like gheal. On the other hand shields aren't used so often, so i've been thinking if it's worth to take 1 point from mental agility and put it into empowered healing. What do you think about that?

For Discipline, Empowered Healing only benefits Greater Heal. Though it's true that direct heals are more often cast, the majority of them still consists of Penance and Atonement. 3/3 Mental Agility is also anything but insignificant even in a ten-man.

Post 31 May 2011 11:53

Thx for the answers.

After reading Unplugged's post, a question popped up in my head lol :)

I play with those 516 haste rating to reach the 12.5% haste when I play holy. Since we are now past TotFW and I probably wont play holy for a while (ok.. Atra), should I reforge mastery to haste? I play with 2 Holy Paladins and from time to time one of them changes with a shaman. We are now starting on Hard modes and got Halfus down the other day. I guess that shields aren't up as long on HM as on normal mode due to the increased dmg, and thereby leaving healers with more HP to bring back up, in haste's favor - especially in a 10M raid. So yeah.. should I reforge haste over mastery now?

Post 31 May 2011 19:35

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:So yeah.. should I reforge haste over mastery now?

You should, yes.