AA/Holy

AA/Holy

Post 05 May 2011 14:09

I noticed your holy spec. Are you doing this for a dps mechanic or are you maintaining 5xEvangelism and popping AA when you really want it?

I specced it last night and put a little timer bar near grid so I can track it. If Evan stacks only lasted 10 seconds or AA was shorter or weaker, it would be too much hassle imo. For 20 seconds of 15% healing, it seems reasonable if you get used to maintaining the stacks.

How are your results with 4.1 smite/HF improvements in disc?

I was disc cushion healing in my 10 (w/ pal+druid), but went holy before 4.1. I'm really curious and always second guessing which helps my healing team out more (forced shadow OS). I felt when barrier was not up, I can take a lot more strain off druid in aoe burst situations as holy.

Re: AA/Holy

Post 06 May 2011 09:42

User avatarJhazrun

I'm experimenting with using just Holy Fire to charge up Archangel. It's more easily woven in between heals, and leaves AA only costing a few thousand mana after the refund. Discipline also makes core use of it in filling in for the now-less-flexible Shield.

Post 21 May 2011 04:03

Jhazrun wrote:I'm experimenting with using just Holy Fire to charge up Archangel. It's more easily woven in between heals, and leaves AA only costing a few thousand mana after the refund. Discipline also makes core use of it in filling in for the now-less-flexible Shield.

How is the experimenting going is the 9/31/1 (AA spec) better than the normal 6/31/3 spec?

Post 21 May 2011 09:12

User avatarJhazrun

Dastoutman wrote:How is the experimenting going is the 9/31/1 (AA spec) better than the normal 6/31/3 spec?

Officially, the results are still inconclusive. Unofficially, I haven't paid attention and am just entertaining myself with a wicked awesome custom PowerAuras overlay I originally made for Discipline.

Post 21 May 2011 15:00

Jhazrun wrote:
Dastoutman wrote:How is the experimenting going is the 9/31/1 (AA spec) better than the normal 6/31/3 spec?

Officially, the results are still inconclusive. Unofficially, I haven't paid attention and am just entertaining myself with a wicked awesome custom PowerAuras overlay I originally made for Discipline.

Lol ok well please keep this post updated please I am curious as to what the results are.

Post 05 Jul 2011 22:08

I can't help but reply to this. I tested the spec myself when I saw it. One thing I found took some getting used to was the lack of surge of light. That being said, I found it to be quite effective, especially in overpowered situations. If you are simply running a 5 man to cap out valor for the week or something of that sort, the improvements to the instant cast spells alone is more than sufficient for keeping the party alive without the other talents. I was also doing this more for fun and experimentation. I found it to be different to say the least, but extra dmg coming out of a priest even a small amount, that is also very mana efficient is rather nice. This is especially nice in a situation like I said where healing wouldn't really be that intensive to begin with. 15% increased healing appears to be just as awesome in some situations for holy, as disc. Thats....a relieving thought, that perhaps at somepoint with a few tweaks perhaps in a patch, this might actually become rather viable in specific circumstances. Its worth keeping an eye on. Thanks for the chance to break up some monotony Jhaz.