Discipline Healing Al'akir Heroic 10

Re: Discipline Healing Al'akir Heroic 10

Post 14 May 2011 22:36

User avatarJhazrun

It's a troll, alright...

Stenx wrote:I was talking about survivability where disc clearly outshines holy in every possible aspect. You're able to use much more powerful Shields.

At 2,500 single-target HPS, PW:S couldn't self-heal its way out of a wet paper bag. What else does Discipline have that isn't just a strictly inferior version of Holy's?

Stenx wrote:Wrong. You do realize those 4-5 people arent anywhere near being stacked up so the use of PoH and CoH is completely negated.

ProH? CoH? Why would Holy care about any of that when it can just Binding Heal for up to 20,000+ HPS while rolling 4-5 Renews for free?

Stenx wrote:BH is disc strongest HPCT spell.

So the strongest spell of Discipline at Al'Akir is a desperate imitation of one of Holy's most supported tools? See what you did there?

Stenx wrote:You can't afford to sit only on raid in 10man as the tank does in fact take a ton of damage.

Are you running an all-Priest comp or something? There're three other classes just itching to blow you out at tank healing.

Post 14 May 2011 23:05

User avatarXlony1

Phase 1: Healing targets: 4 (prob tank 2 dps ,yourself.)
Discipline is better for it. like heroic dungeons. mana gaining is more important for 10 mans. shielding ppl for lightnings is pretty nice.
phase 2: u can use barrier vs chakra sanctuary
+power infusion.

as holy. Body and soul is pretty nice for this combat imo
prob. u will use binding heal stack serendipity + greater heal. + serenity. it was harder to healing fewer targets as holy before serenity. blizz designed that for it. but still discipline is easier.
for self healing: PW shield + desp. prayer + h stone. is pretty enough imo. u can heal yourself quickly with BTime if u need.

Post 14 May 2011 23:25

Jhazrun wrote:At 2,000 single-target HPS, PW:S couldn't self-heal its way out of a wet paper bag. What else does Discipline have that isn't just a strictly inferior version of Holy's?

I don't think PW:S HPS should be looked over the span of the weakened soul debuff but instead, using your numbers, as a 30k instaheal. Disc brings stronger chances of saving a person getting caught by a streak of unlucky rng, such as ice, double lightning + windburst. Being able to have more cooldowns than just Guardian Spirit in sitations like those can be the difference between that person surviving and not.

Jhazrun wrote:ProH? CoH? Why would Holy care about any of that when it can just Binding Heal for up to 20,000+ HPS while rolling 4-5 Renews for free?

You will not be able to keep people up with just renews and spamming BH due to movement, peoples positions and boss interupts. What Phase 1 with 3 healers is about is zerging your way into P2 as fast as you can. Disc outshines Holy simply at keeping people alive due to a larger amount of cooldowns and a much stronger PW:S.

Jhazrun wrote:So the strongest spell of Discipline is a desperate imitation of one of Holy's most supported tools? See what you did there?

Sure, BH is stronger as Holy than Disc, no doubt. However, you're claiming that using BH at all as disc is a crime and I simply want to know why. It appears you're avoiding the question.

Jhazrun wrote:Are you running an all-Priest comp or something? There're three other healers just itching to blow you out at tank healing.

No, we're usually running a Paladin, Shaman and Priest setup. Healing done on the tank is usually topped by the paladin, closely followed by the shaman and priest. You will likely assume I'm making a feeble attempt to troll or mock you now, but having gone through plenty of logs of other priests farming Al'Akir for months and months, their logs look quite similar.
I guess we're all just doing it wrong.

Post 15 May 2011 00:17

User avatarJhazrun

Stenx wrote:I don't think PW:S HPS should be looked over the span of the weakened soul debuff but instead, using your numbers, as a 30k instaheal.

Are you under the impression that a 30,000-40,000 instant heal on a 15-second cooldown serves as competitive self-healing?

Stenx wrote:Disc brings stronger chances of saving a person getting caught by a streak of unlucky rng, such as ice, double lightning + windburst. Being able to have more cooldowns than just Guardian Spirit in sitations like those can be the difference between that person surviving and not.

An ally is struck by said streak of ill fortune, and is now at critical health. Heroically, you cast Pain Suppression and pretend to rescue them from the impending Wind Burst. Congratulations. Now you still have a ground cooldown in a movement phase to embarrass yourself with.

Stenx wrote:You will not be able to keep people up with just renews and spamming BH due to movement, peoples positions and boss interupts.

The Renews alone cover half of the HPS of the Shields. What are you even expecting to do to actually restore your raid's health as Discipline?

Stenx wrote:What Phase 1 with 3 healers is about is zerging your way into P2 as fast as you can.

I imagine it would if you insist on a spec with no way of actually restoring health. (Un)surprisingly, Holy faces no such inevitability.
Funny how it all works out, is it not?

Stenx wrote:Sure, BH is stronger as Holy than Disc, no doubt. However, you're claiming that using BH at all as disc is a crime and I simply want to know why. It appears you're avoiding the question.

If one finds themselves in an encounter where the most useful thing they can do is try to semi-adequately mimic the other spec's specialty, odds are they'd be better off just running said other spec.

Stenx wrote:Healing done on the tank is usually topped by the paladin, closely followed by the shaman and priest.

Normal mode with absorbs leaving nothing to heal still doesn't count.

Stenx wrote:You will likely assume I'm making a feeble attempt to troll or mock you now, but having gone through plenty of logs of other priests farming Al'Akir for months and months, their logs look quite similar. I guess we're all just doing it wrong.

Am I supposed to be impressed by others using the triviality of ten-man to get away with what amounts to shameful performance...?

Post 15 May 2011 01:41

Well, I'm not going to continue this quote war eventhough it's been quite entertaining.

I just want to say that from personal experience I find it easier to save people who get struck by unfortunate rng playing Disc rather than Holy. Your mockery of Barrier be as it may, but it does serve as a lifeline even if a weak one.

That being said, that's what the fight is all about. Saving people in Phase 1. I'm sure even Paragon has wiped once or twice post-nerf Al'Akir due to deaths in the first phase of the fight. So, making that phase as short as possible doesn't sound as outrageous to me as it apparantly was.

Anyway, glad to see you are back and active on the Priest forums Jhazrun, always a pleasure following you here. :)

Post 15 May 2011 01:48

Hello, I thought my experience could be helpful for the guy =)

We've recently managed a (realm first) kill of Alakir heroic (10 man). Our setup was holy pally, a tree and me as a holy priest.

Jhazrun is right about holy in phase 1. Serenity chakra, rolling renews which are auto-refreshed by the insanely powerful BH, which stacks Serendipity for hasted GHs is nearly OP. Additionally, Blessed resilience + 60k desperate prayer is really handy.

Here is a world of logs log if you want =) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qmgdksesky2a6aa2/analyze/hd/source/?s=276&e=715

Post 15 May 2011 02:06

User avatarJhazrun

Stenx wrote:Well, I'm not going to continue this quote war eventhough it's been quite entertaining.

Don't flatter yourself. There're no "wars" between trolls and their targets; The latter can't win, and the former aren't even trying to.

I only intend to keep these parts free of misinformation, and my responses to you are simply a dignified alternative to vigilante moderating.

Post 15 May 2011 03:03

Cheers!

Post 16 May 2011 20:14

On a seperate note to the above trolling.

Is it worth having attonment for al akir as (from my experiance of it) it never hits anyone?

Edit - (from a 10mans perspective)

Post 16 May 2011 21:52

User avatarJhazrun

Bose wrote:Is it worth having attonment for al akir as (from my experiance of it) it never hits anyone?

Disabled Atonement just reinforces the encounter as one of the worst in the game for Discipline.

Of course, Holy doesn't have it to begin with, so anyone actually in the position to legitimately consider its worth has a bigger problem.