Why so much hate against non-Atonement specs?

Re: Why so much hate against non-Atonement specs?

Post 11 Jun 2011 00:25

I just think that in guilds like Paragon, you want to min max to the max. If what Jhazrun is doing gets high and effective healing done and it brings out the full healing potential of a disc priest, I don't see why Jhazrun would go SoS and tank heal while pallies are better at it. Same reason goes for why Paragon didn't bring in resto druids and shamans if priests and holy pallies do a better job at healing, not that druid and shaman healing sucks completely.

And like comon, Spiritus vs Jhazrun just reminds me of Justin Bieber vs Mozart, with a bit of exaggeration.

Post 11 Jun 2011 09:40

User avatarJhazrun

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but the increasingly surreal theories spun up by the silly folk over there have long pushed the topic past its event horizon. We might as well be swinging at windmills, so it's time to cut our losses.

Just keep in mind that healing gameplay has nothing to do with contrived ivory tower calculations. Anything stretching beyond a couple of paragraphs on any related subject is just pretentious beta boasting, and may Celestia have mercy on decimal users…

Post 11 Jun 2011 10:22

Jhazrun wrote:I appreciate what you're trying to do, but the increasingly surreal theories spun up by the silly folk over there have long pushed the topic past its event horizon. We might as well be swinging at windmills, so it's time to cut our losses.

Just keep in mind that healing gameplay has nothing to do with contrived ivory tower calculations. Anything stretching beyond a couple of paragraphs on any related subject is just pretentious beta boasting, and may Celestia have mercy on decimal users…

I see. But, if you want, I would very much like to know if you feel that disc are good tank healers compared to other healers.

Post 11 Jun 2011 10:51

User avatarJhazrun

aríadne wrote:I would very much like to know if you feel that disc are good tank healers compared to other healers.

Tank healing in Cataclysm operates differently from that of Wrath. Keeping up a single target isn't an accomplishment, but the very last thing to finally settle for when nothing goes your way. A healer's measure of worth is the degree to which they safely push their boundaries, and Priest mechanics demand disproportionate tunnel vision to maintain basic tank security (especially if without the flexibility of Atonement).

Post 12 Jun 2011 06:31

In addition to renew, 12.5% haste also adds another tick to channeled spells . 15 applications of Divine Hymn is 25% more worthwhile than 12, despite the lack of vigor the spell currently possesses.

The purpose of healing is to keep characters alive, not necessarily healthy. The strengths of priest healing are versatility, a varied toolbox and the capability to burst heal. Keeping that in mind highest priority talents will always be those which cover the broadest spectrum of your spells, enhance your best capabilities, provide a safety net and supply you with power when you need it.

Disc priests have been powerful for a long time. The weaknesses of disc spec are coping with environmental damage, recovering from a disaster and refilling health bars fast. Archangel goes a long way to filling this void. It affects every healing spell, which makes it a very powerful tool. Atonement provides versatility and is very complementary to the current damage models.

The question is why would you not use it, given that other alternative talents available cannot give you a higher performance output, nor the versatility to allow you to adapt for the unexpected.