shadow priest 4.2

shadow priest 4.2

Post 07 Jul 2011 21:48

Hello mates. Can u help me pls with spell rotation? i have 13-14k dps on dummy only with my buffs, but i think i can do better dmg. I have 4xt11, mace from nefarian and my total ilvl is 361....
My spell rotation is : mind blast > pain > DP > VP > 2x-3x mind flay > archadel if i have cd and use trinket its a good rotation pls?
Here is my stats:
my haste without shadow form is 16,42%
hit : 17,98%
crit: 11,46%
mastery : 13,47%
SP: 6296

Ty for help, cya:-))

Re: shadow priest 4.2

Post 07 Jul 2011 23:15

reforge some hit from 17,98% to around 17%.

Post 08 Jul 2011 01:57

Tittzi wrote:reforge some hit from 17,98% to around 17%.

i have too many spirit...so some spirit refoger to haste right?

Post 09 Jul 2011 09:00

To be honest, you could probably drop a bit more hit/spirit than youd think. spriests can drop down to 15% or even lower without suffering any kind of dps loss.

as for rotation.

If you have to run in:

DP>SW:P>VT>MF (till one orb)>MB>Archangel=Shadowfiend

PLZ don't neglect to use shadowfiend. its a major dps increase. If you have to run an extend distance at the beginning of the fight(or ever) the best ability to spam is DP. might also pop shadowfiend when running.

if you don't have to run in:

VT>DP>SW:P>MF (till one orb)>MB>Archangel=Shadowfiend

VT first, cause its the highest damaging of our dots. Also, if you cast MB on a target afflicted w/ VT, it applies/refreshes Replenishment.

the most important thing though, is dot uptime. you have to strive to make sure your dots are up 100% of the time. takes practice, but its possible to get it very, very near perfect.

Hope this may help you out. i'm sure somone can say "Your doing it wrong!" but for real. this works very well for me.

Post 26 Jul 2011 06:55

Hey there!

Try to get your hit under 17% I am using 16,5% and got like max 1-2 miss/3 bosses @ Firelands.

Magic word is Haste Haste Haste.
get 25% haste and you get extra tick SWP
get 30% haste and you get extra tick VT
get 31,25% haste and you get extra tick DP
(to reach this you pretty much need lock help)

Why haste? Because you will get exta ticks + your 2/5 set bonus gives you less cooldown on your shadow fiend and with high haste you will get about 2 shadow fiend @ 1 heroism (cool isnt it). Ofc haste reduce cast time of all ur spells too.

After that try to get as much mastery you can.

Why mastery? Because 4.2 patch buffed your mindblast dmg..and mastery helps you get biiiig numbers, you like it dont ya? And what else? OFC most important thing...you WILL get 25% more dmg to your mindblast with 4/5 t12 set..and you will see close to 200k minblast crits...

hope this helps you abit :)