Shadowpriest, Opener and general rotation.

Shadowpriest, Opener and general rotation.

Post 19 Jul 2011 22:27

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best possible opener for a shadowpriest, and how exactly the rotation is supposed to go. Ive been playing around with stuff and i just cant play if i dont know if im doing something right or wrong.

Thx in advance, Kuruptizzy.

Re: Shadowpriest, Opener and general rotation.

Post 20 Jul 2011 01:02

--Single target--
Put your three dots, Mb on cd, mf as filler, try to refresh vt and dp just before they expire (you can clip mf if needed for this, and you can also clip it if a mind blast is available, as it does more dmg.) Sometimes you might be unable to maintain the shadow orbs bonus as the proc is kind of erratic. There is not much you can do. You could still wait for a orb proc before casting mb at that time if you feel like it. If you are on movement i'd recommend casting PW:D to regain mana while you can, DP should follow if you like.

--Multi target--
If there is 2-3-4 targets, i'd reccomend using Vt and Sw:P and DP on one add and using mind sear.. depending on the time these adds last, you might want to refresh dots on them. With two target, I try to refresh Sw:P with mind flay ticks as it helps doing more damage.

If there is more targets than that, you might not want to put dots on everything, as you would take all your time at refreshing them only. In that case, dotting a few then going for ms the rest of the time could be an idea.

This is how i'm seeing dps with a shadow priest, I don't think i'm perfectly right. I tryed to visit many sites an develop something that works the best for me.

http://Www.Shadowpriest.com is a site that could help you a lot more than I. It was one of the sites I used a lot. http://Www.elitistjerks.com gives a lot of information too.

Xenophics might have a different way to work, and I would also like to see it. :-), hope i've been helpful