Crit vs mastery

Crit vs mastery

Post 21 Jul 2011 22:45

Hello,

I play a holy priest in a 2/7 heroic 25 man guild. With the release of 4.2 I reforged/regemmed primarily to crit while maintaining the haste cutoff for the added renew/hymn tick. I was wondering if this is a viable gearing strategy, or if I should continue to prioritize mastery. Our healing comp is normally 2 hpals, 2 rdruids, a disc priest and a holy priest. It seems to me that focusing on increasing my mastery hot is counterproductive for the resto druids, but I'm not sure!

Thanks,
Dandrith

Re: Crit vs mastery

Post 21 Jul 2011 23:26

User avatarJhazrun

Within a single second's time I went from just coming to mark a Shadow thread as read to realizing the title as actually viable ten-man Discipline valuation to justifying it as a genuine crisis of a first-time healer to violently short-circuiting my logical functions.

I think I need to lay down for a moment…

Post 22 Jul 2011 06:58

Well, I wouldn't mind you to comment on that actually Jhazrun. I am a 10m healing priest, and I stack haste above everything else. What should I go for second? Taken into count that I will be doing holy on the majority of the encounters, what would you go for after haste? And would you stop stacking haste at 12.5% now that disc is only used for 1-2 (3 at a max) fights? or is haste still favored above the renew cap as 10 man healer?

Thx

And please give me a pony pic along with your relpy <3 :P

Post 22 Jul 2011 10:35

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:Well, I wouldn't mind you to comment on that actually Jhazrun. I am a 10m healing priest, and I stack haste above everything else. What should I go for second? Taken into count that I will be doing holy on the majority of the encounters, what would you go for after haste?

Though there's really nothing wrong with Crit for Discipline, I see no reason to complicate spec-swapping for the sake of getting to use the stat, when Mastery serves both adequately.

Éowym wrote:And would you stop stacking haste at 12.5% now that disc is only used for 1-2 (3 at a max) fights? or is haste still favored above the renew cap as 10 man healer?

I personally don't like how the additional Haste actually makes Renew shorter and thus less flexible to refresh with Serenity Chakra, but I wouldn't chastise anyone for looking past that. It's still a fine stat.

Éowym wrote:And please give me a pony pic along with your relpy <3 :P

Since we're on the topic of haste…

Post 22 Jul 2011 11:52