Healing Priests 4.2

Healing Priests 4.2

Post 26 Jul 2011 04:34

I have noticed that prior to patch 4.2 there were some drawn out discussions relating to the content on sites such as mmochampion and elitist jerks just to name a few. I have some concerns pertaining to patch 4.2. I've noticed the discretionary telents for holy still seem to remain relatively the same, along with more people picking up tome of light, an increase in people tossing a point in Veiled Shadows for the reduction on the CD of SF. I have not completely decided which course of action to take as various things seem situational at best depending on 10/25 and healing assignments.
Best example I can think of for Dicp however is that a while back Jhazrun simply stated, if you are not using attonement...well yeah. Would you still find this to be the case in 4.2 (noticed a lot of changes to everyone's dicp specs), and could everyone weigh in a bit on what the bottom line is for holy in 4.2. I am sorry if I get easily frustrated at a lot of the speculation that exists, and people who copy specs without understand how and why they work. If something is situational, I would rather understand why before I make changes to my character or play style.

So lets hear it, whats the breakdown on Healing priests in 4.2. Any concrete information would be great.

Re: Healing Priests 4.2

Post 26 Jul 2011 12:50

User avatarJhazrun

There'd be nothing wrong with Atonement if it worked, but - surprise, surprise - it doesn't. It's still bugged at both Baleroc and Ragnaros.

Post 26 Jul 2011 15:42

I guess it's one the same topic so might as well ask here.

I noticed you picked up SoL, a talent you said were quite worthless pre-patch. I also saw you were using the Divine Accuracy glyph in holy. The only thing i could come up with would be if you had to help on the dps, and since SoL procs from smite you would be able to throw out a flash heal once in a while?

Also, gz on the kill and nice to have you back answering questions here on the forum (although i'm a bit worried about the pony-to-text-ratio, it's seems to have increased a lot since before the kill)

Post 26 Jul 2011 17:50

Jhazrun wrote:There'd be nothing wrong with Atonement if it worked, but - surprise, surprise - it doesn't. It's still bugged at both Baleroc and Ragnaros.

Do you happen to know in which way Attonement is bugged at Baleroc? Before our attempts we browsed through logs and this one was kinda interesting:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h ... 42&e=12255

So we ran with 2 Atonement Priests and tried to smite him to teh grounds! ... it kinda worked, except our attonement healing didn't come remotely close to what that log told us ... any ideas? Our log for comparrison: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... 39&e=30249

not sure if you like logs (I'm not so good at reading them properly) ... nevermind if not.

big gz for 7/7 :)

Post 26 Jul 2011 17:55

User avatarJhazrun

Saniera wrote:I noticed you picked up SoL, a talent you said were quite worthless pre-patch.

It's a Holy-10 talent. In the previous tier Holy-10 was poor, but now Discipline is worse, so…

Saniera wrote:I also saw you were using the Divine Accuracy glyph in holy. The only thing i could come up with would be if you had to help on the dps, and since SoL procs from smite you would be able to throw out a flash heal once in a while?

It's always there regardless of whether I actually have use for it or not. Have you ever looked at the major glyph list for priest healers?

Saniera wrote:Also, gz on the kill and nice to have you back answering questions here on the forum (although i'm a bit worried about the pony-to-text-ratio, it's seems to have increased a lot since before the kill)

Have you considered that your observations might be related? Think of the images as… counterweights.

Post 26 Jul 2011 18:11

User avatarJhazrun

Hailow wrote:Do you happen to know in which way Attonement is bugged at Baleroc?

In an encounter that revolves around heals hitting hundreds of thousands… What do you think?