Reforging Haste for Discipline

Re: Reforging Haste for Discipline

Post 27 Aug 2011 07:12

User avatarSun_Tzu

You're playing wrong Ridance. The reason haste is valued lower is because of mechanics like borrowed time. For instance, technically the highest aoe HPS rotation should be something akin to pw:s -> poh -> pw:s -> poh. As for if you're primarily single target healing, you'd pick up Strength of Soul, increasing your frequency of pw:s and the uptime of borrowed time, again lowering the worth of haste.

In either case, you want to hit the holy 5tick renew cap, and beyond that go full mastery, behind int > spi prios.

Post 28 Aug 2011 06:33

User avatarSylphura

Minuria wrote:
but whatever Haste I've forged in is there to (roughly) meet the five-tick threshold for Holy.

So with your Holy Gear you have 6,72% Haste, without any points in Darkness but with the 5% Raidbuff you come down to 11,72%. But the softcap for Renew is 12,5%, isn't it?

Haste is multiplicative, not additive.
The math for each point of Darkness plays out like this:

1.125 represents the 12.5% you need.
1.05 represents 5% you should get from being fully raid buffed.
1.03/1.02/1.01/1.00 represents how many points in the talent Darkness you have.
The last number is the number solved for to see how much Haste percentage you need on your gear and below I've put the Haste rating required to reach the stated percentage.
(1.0403 = 4.03%, 1.0504 = 5.04%, etc)

3/3 Darkness (3%) : 1.125 = 1.05 x 1.03 x 1.0403
...which would be 515 Haste rating on gear.

2/3 Darkness (2%) : 1.125 = 1.05 x 1.02 x 1.0504
…which would be 646 Haste rating on gear.

1/3 Darkness (1%) : 1.125 = 1.05 x 1.01 x 1.0608
…which would be 779 Haste rating on gear.

0/3 Darkness (0%) : 1.125 = 1.05 x 1.00 x 1.0714
…which would be 915 Haste rating on gear.

Post 24 Sep 2011 23:07

I am adding this in this thread because i am easily confused and tired of looking around. I am playing a disc priest and still gearing up. I am still in the za/zg and bot/bwd area of gearing. However i am in a ten man raid guild and as disc i was wondering about the reforges. I understand int is king but as a prime not reforging it anyway so i am kinda lost. I found a post on Manaflask about it but it was dated for 4.1 but is as follows:

Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste. This is the stat order to follow when considering reforging and infact any upgrades where the iLvL is the same.

A couple of examples:

If the item has no Spirit but has Crit and Mastery then you reforge the Crit to Spirit.
If the item has Haste and Spirit, reforge the Haste to Mastery.
If the item has Mastery and Spirit, do nothing.

Mastery and Crit should be reversed when you are focused on tank healing.

Is what was posted there.

I am totally open to suggestions on this. currently i look like this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... eim/simple

As of yet i am not sure how i am to be assigned for heals.

Thanks a ton

Post 25 Sep 2011 11:07

User avatarJhazrun

whiterquick wrote:I am adding this in this thread because i am easily confused and tired of looking around. I am playing a disc priest and still gearing up. I am still in the za/zg and bot/bwd area of gearing. However i am in a ten man raid guild and as disc i was wondering about the reforges. I understand int is king but as a prime not reforging it anyway so i am kinda lost. I found a post on Manaflask about it but it was dated for 4.1 but is as follows:

Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste. This is the stat order to follow when considering reforging and infact any upgrades where the iLvL is the same.

Discipline doesn't care about off-stats. You just keep Spirit so you won't be crippled while Holy (which is most of FL-10).

Post 25 Sep 2011 23:06

So, in theory, would it be acceptable to reforge said spirit into other ratings if one is Discipline full-time in a 25m setting?

Post 26 Sep 2011 11:48

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:So, in theory, would it be acceptable to reforge said spirit into other ratings if one is Discipline full-time in a 25m setting?

Well, in theory you wouldn't be much worse off, but the only other stat with which most of what you cast in 25s scales is Mastery, so…

Post 26 Sep 2011 20:42

Thanks for the reply. I will get my reforging fixed.

Post 28 Sep 2011 18:36

Why is Holy better for most of FL10m?

Wouldn't Barrier prove better for Beth, Rhyolith, Alys, and Baleroc?

Post 03 Oct 2011 13:43

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:Why is Holy better for most of FL10m?

Wouldn't Barrier prove better for Beth, Rhyolith, Alys, and Baleroc?

Covering the raid suddenly becomes a lot less appealing when it costs 33-50% of your healers instead of just 15-20%.