Reforging Haste for Discipline

Reforging Haste for Discipline

Post 27 Jul 2011 16:59

I wonder why Jhazrun and other good disc priests stack up haste with 4.2. I thought Mastery was the best 'yellow' stat for discipline. Any thoughts/explanations on this?

Re: Reforging Haste for Discipline

Post 27 Jul 2011 22:24

User avatarJhazrun

Minuria wrote:I wonder why Jhazrun and other good disc priests stack up haste with 4.2.

What ever did give you that impression, darling?

Minuria wrote:Any thoughts/explanations on this?

Post 29 Jul 2011 12:03

I took a look at your gear, and with 17,42 Mastery you reforged other stats in 282 haste rating.

Post 30 Jul 2011 21:41

Would it still be accurate to say that haste is the go-to stat regardless of spec for 10m?

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:16

User avatarJhazrun

Minuria wrote:I took a look at your gear, and with 17,42 Mastery you reforged other stats in 282 haste rating.

I'm still not quite sure where the idea of "stacking" comes in, but whatever Haste I've forged in is there to (roughly) meet the five-tick threshold for Holy.

Cyvus wrote:Would it still be accurate to say that haste is the go-to stat regardless of spec for 10m?

Mastery and Crit sure won't do anything for you that Haste doesn't, and something needs to pick up whatever budget Spirit leaves behind.

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:26

I'll take that as a yes...? O_o

Post 02 Aug 2011 21:39

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:I'll take that as a yes...? O_o

It's certainly the go-to Rating, yes. Spirit still takes precedence as far as (secondary) stats go.

Post 15 Aug 2011 12:03

but whatever Haste I've forged in is there to (roughly) meet the five-tick threshold for Holy.

So with your Holy Gear you have 6,72% Haste, without any points in Darkness but with the 5% Raidbuff you come down to 11,72%. But the softcap for Renew is 12,5%, isn't it?

Post 15 Aug 2011 14:17

Minuria wrote:
but whatever Haste I've forged in is there to (roughly) meet the five-tick threshold for Holy.

So with your Holy Gear you have 6,72% Haste, without any points in Darkness but with the 5% Raidbuff you come down to 11,72%. But the softcap for Renew is 12,5%, isn't it?

i believe kings adds like 1.3 or something close to it

Post 16 Aug 2011 10:45

In my opinion haste fits beste according to my playstyle. Prefireland it was mastery, but things changed.
For now, I run with 16% haste (1500 rating) along with 800 mastery und 700 crit rating.
I use PW:S to trigger Rupture, help stabilize bursts on certain targets and for supporting tankheal. All other incoming damage I cover with PoH, PoM and GH (FH and BH on special circumstances for sure). So when I look at that, haste offers me the best result for a secondary stat. Why should I not go for more?