Questions about preformance.

Questions about preformance.

Post 04 Aug 2011 21:51

So currently i'm progroessing in Firelands doing 6/7 but i don't think i'm doing what i can for the group in dps after i saw the post on MMO-champion where shadow priests are doing top. ( correct me if i'm wrong but the scale is showing top dps per class and spec).

So this made me wonder realy hard over if i'm doing alot of things wrong or my rotation is off by miles.
I have checked Shadowpriest.com and elitsjerks but still finding the things in there are similar to the things i'm doing right now.
Some days i'm doing great with 20-22k dps on boss's (I know there is a difference in boss mechanics about movement and rolls to do) and like today where i wos bearly over 17k on some trys.

So here is the things i'm doing at the end of it i will link my Armory and some logs.

Rotation : Pre-pot SW:P, VT ,DP, MF until atleast 1 stack of orbs then i MS and after does MB (Gonna change this when i get 4 set bonus) then SW:P, VT ,DP, MF then pop my Shadow F(r)iend, and from there is just go with the rotation over and over, before BL i use Shadow fiend again (to gain from BL) and pot.

Stat Prio:
Hit (I'm keeping it around 15-16% since i have learned that we don't get that much difference from beein hit caped.)
Int (Spell power and crit and bigger mana pool)

Now this is where i get confused, i see alot of priest doing different things here some go max in Has/Mas others do Has/crit
and the rest find a balance betwen has/crit/mas.

Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... A8w/simple (it's abit off since i have 22.10% haste in shadow form)
(If you don't bother with armory and only want the numbers they are here: 21.22% Haste 15.38% Hit 13.67% Crit 15.81 Mastery Spell power 7453 this is self buffed numbers)

WoLs:
Poor Performance: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r9dt ... details/4/
Good Performance: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wwzw ... details/6/

Ofc my performance is not my self to decide if i did good or bad.

Hope you can help me out on this that's been bothering me alot about my performance.

Re: Questions about preformance.

Post 05 Aug 2011 02:29

Well my first reaction, which I apologize, was "Holy crap" (exactly what I said) when I saw your haste. Every simcraft I run shows haste being pretty important and I try to run around 19-20% haste. The new firelands gear is not very forgiving when it comes to haste, hence Xeno running alot of t11 gear, rings, neck those sorts of things, well my guess of why she is running with those.

Mastery is also, on sim, very low priority. It have increased a little in the past patches but still not as important as haste. And you run around 15 which will definitely help your MB, with its 6.5 sec cd. Increase in damage with the high of cd is not quite as important until you reach 4 piece t12 which will make it even better.

Your reforging baffles me though. You take away haste on some stats while adding haste to remove another stat kinda seems redundant. You are correct in thinking around 15% hit, while I keep around ~14%, is fine. But you should never reforge out of haste. Keep all your haste as is and add more and more if you can, you want as many ticks of your dots as you can get. You have reforged out of 403 haste which makes me a sad panda. That would be something I would look into.

On a side not, you have glyph of PoM? in shadow spec. I would change that out for something useful while as a shadow priest. The one time you should be healing, if at all, is a divine hymn if your healing are in trouble and they call for it but other then that, no. Fade or dispel magic is common, and spirit tap.

Oh and the dps thing, I run into the same thing where I can run good and bad dps from fight to fight. So not to worry. As long as you keep up your empowered shadow, that is a biggy.

Just some friendly advice from one spriest to another. If you want to see my crap, here it is. Peeps may pick me apart as well, can always use imput. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... ine/simple

Anyways, later and GL.

Post 05 Aug 2011 05:23

uhm!

1 of all you are missing 1 major glyph get fade or something there.

2 your hit is WAY to low...try get it like 16,50%

3 your haste is really low try get more

and last but not least your gear isnt that good yet so dont expect 20k+ yet..well like you say you can get it at some bosses but your gear isnt ready yet for that.

i copy paste my self here:

Magic word is Haste Haste Haste.
get 25% haste and you get extra tick SWP
get 30% haste and you get extra tick VT
get 31,25% haste and you get extra tick DP (to reach this you pretty much need lock help)

iam running my self atm 31,40% haste with lock help ofc and seems to work pretty well about 20-23k dps at every boss fight

Post 05 Aug 2011 05:27

BTW

lock haste buff 3% is not 3%! I am using that buff and it gives me 3.81% more haste :)

Post 15 Aug 2011 14:38

So i have re done my gear abit from your feetback and i am doing better (also rolled Goblin for 1% extra haste).

So i wanted to hear if i have completly screwed it up or?

Post 25 Aug 2011 11:13

lock haste buff 3% is not 3%! I am using that buff and it gives me 3.81% more haste :)

I'll first answer this one. Indeed, when you get haste buff, their effects are multiplicative and not additive. Though you final haste is calculated as follows :
haste = current haste on stuff * Dark Intent * Shaman Totem
Though for a basis of 20% haste you finally get :
haste = 1.20 * 1.03 * 1.05 = (1.236 ) * 1.05 = 1.2978
see here the dark intent gave you 3.6 % of total haste

On the other hand for your stat issue, having a relatively low hit value under cap it not really a concern as a SP because once your DoTs are applied on your target they're not subject to miss (i.e. DoTs ticks cannot miss ). I would suggest to maintain a level between 15% and hit cap to avoid big surprises.
For the stat priority then I would suggest you to have a look on haste caps. Those caps represents the values at which you get one more tick on some of your DoTs.I've not the numbers right here but I'm pretty sure you'll find them easily.

Then to make it simple :
If reforging / gemming haste allows you to reach one haste cap then : haste >> mast > crit
Otherwise, I would say : mastery >= haste > crit

Post 25 Aug 2011 11:43

I think the amount of hit is kinda personal..if you can/like focus your misses and react your spells fast enought I guess 15%+ is enought BUT gotta say I like personally now about 16,50% hit (1 miss / boss) because of 4/5 t12 set. Dont wanna miss my 170k+ Mindblasts crits. <3