Disc vs Holy

Disc vs Holy

Post 06 Aug 2011 02:50

Hey just wondering what Paragons opinions are to disc/holy in Firelands could you please tell me what your thoughts are as to disc or holy being better or just on some fights and ups and downs thanks.

Re: Disc vs Holy

Post 06 Aug 2011 10:38

There was a post on here by Jhazrun listing the bosses and which spec would be the best (would really appreciate if, at some point, this list could be recreated). The post got lost when the website broke though, but from what i can remember holy was generally the way to go. I believe Shannox was an exception where holy and disc were doing about equal, the rest of the fight were in favor of holy for one reason or the other.

Post 06 Aug 2011 21:32

Thanks and that would would be nice if we could get that list back.

Post 29 Aug 2011 11:51

User avatarJhazrun

Saniera wrote:There was a post on here by Jhazrun listing the bosses and which spec would be the best (would really appreciate if, at some point, this list could be recreated). The post got lost when the website broke though, but from what i can remember holy was generally the way to go. I believe Shannox was an exception where holy and disc were doing about equal, the rest of the fight were in favor of holy for one reason or the other.

The thing with the "list" is that I had/have no idea whatsoever on where to take it. It was originally based on the PTR encounter dynamics, which have since blurred into insignificance (for reasons such as bug fixes and, arguably, shift in overall class balance). Most cases of spec differentiation just revolve around healing setups and Barrier gimmicks, so trying to judge actual performance only felt like nitpicking for the sake of itself, and bringing overanalysis where it's neither needed nor wanted.

TL;DR: Spec differences are now situational at best, and forced at worst. The "list" isn't coming back until it would do more good than harm.