Jhaz plz set your thoughts on trinkets free :P

Jhaz plz set your thoughts on trinkets free :P

Post 18 Aug 2011 15:10

I would love to know what you are currently thinking of this tiers trinkets. Do you plan on using the T11 ones, or didn't you bother "betting" for the T12 ones yet?
I have access to:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=68983
http://www.wowhead.com/item=68926
http://www.wowhead.com/item=62050
http://www.wowhead.com/item=58184
http://www.wowhead.com/item=68998
http://www.wowhead.com/item=69000
http://www.wowhead.com/item=62047

What would you use disc/holy and on which encounters?

Thx :)

Re: Jhaz plz set your thoughts on trinkets free :P

Post 19 Aug 2011 02:19

not sure if my opinion matters, but the eye of blazing power is about 1-3% of your TOTAL healing, and the trink from the vendor is worse then darkmoon card tsunami for obvious reasons, although i believe the jaws of defeat to be better then reg fall of mortality, although not confirmed

as far as fights go unless youre having gear issues being under 360 ilvl its pretty safe to use tsunami and jaws for every fight

im curious as to why you would link the run of zeth though as use trinkets are at the least irritating and not worth while, but the stat is also crit which is our worst scaling stat

Post 19 Aug 2011 14:46

Rep trinkets have their use though. We are currently working on Baleroc 10HC and Im running with Quintessence and normal Jaws. The quintessence's use is reserved for if I get Tormented debuff - I use it along with volcanic pot.

Also, on-use long term int buffs are useful for healing though the AoE on Alys and the phase 2 Rhyolith.

Post 20 Aug 2011 07:09

Just wanna point out that I play disc mastery "build" because of holy favoring mastery above the 12.5% haste point.

What I believe is, that DMC: Volc and RoZeth are good choices on Alyz, but the Volc is just annoying cuse u have to dps right before u wanna activate it.. so its always on ICD for me.. So I do Zeth (reforged mastery ofc) and Eye of Blazing power. Mainly because mana is no issue on this encounter, at least on 10man normal :P

Edit: Forgot to mention the moonwell. Im a day or two away from that, so I guess im gonna try that one out for Alyz as well.

Btw Jhazrun, do you play disc on Beth nowadays? Anyway, I think the CD and on use on Quintessence fits very well with Devestation? (haven't been testing this yet)

I believe Jaws are the trinket "giving" the most amount of mana.
I wonder what my overall holy trinkets should be? I'm currently using the Eye and Tsunami (which is gonna be jaws when I obtain it, God damn domo and drops..)

Post 29 Aug 2011 12:15

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:I would love to know what you are currently thinking of this tiers trinkets. Do you plan on using the T11 ones, or didn't you bother "betting" for the T12 ones yet?

We've yet to see our fourth healing trinket drop (between both HC versions). Healers gear up slowly around here.

Jaws/Tsunami for Holy.
Jaws/Rune for Disc if you can spam with the Rune (e.g., Beth'tilac, Rhyolith, Alysrazor, Baleroc). If not, Jaws/Eye.

I like(d) Volcano, but Firelands feels explicitly designed to make Atonement suck.

Post 29 Aug 2011 12:21

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:Edit: Forgot to mention the moonwell. Im a day or two away from that, so I guess im gonna try that one out for Alyz as well.

The Chalice came along too late for me, but it sounds amazing for Shield-spam. Substitute for the Rune at Rhyolith and Alysrazor.
Éowym wrote:Btw Jhazrun, do you play disc on Beth nowadays?

I do, though only because of P2 Barrier. Holy, while better overall, just can't compete on its own on HC anyway, so I might as well support.
Éowym wrote:I think the CD and on use on Quintessence fits very well with Devestation?

The Rune serves pretty much the same purpose. 25-second Shield-spam isn't really feasible mana-wise, and Crit is at least of some use in P2.

Post 31 Aug 2011 22:17

Hey Jhaz, I'll hijack this thread instead of making a new one. I'm a disc priest and I've got a Jaws as trinket, as my second trinket I'm having a bit of wonders. I currently have, Tsunami, Moonwell Chalice and a Necromantic Focus. And of course I've got the Avenger's rep trinkets. I'm wondering if Necromantic is worthwile to use, or if you find holy fire not that available for use in FL.

Anyhow, what would you recommend to use?

Post 02 Sep 2011 11:15

Jhazrun wrote:
Éowym wrote:Edit: Forgot to mention the moonwell. Im a day or two away from that, so I guess im gonna try that one out for Alyz as well.

The Chalice came along too late for me, but it sounds amazing for Shield-spam. Substitute for the Rune at Rhyolith and Alysrazor.
Éowym wrote:Btw Jhazrun, do you play disc on Beth nowadays?

I do, though only because of P2 Barrier. Holy, while better overall, just can't compete on its own on HC anyway, so I might as well support.
Éowym wrote:I think the CD and on use on Quintessence fits very well with Devestation?

The Rune serves pretty much the same purpose. 25-second Shield-spam isn't really feasible mana-wise, and Crit is at least of some use in P2.

Would you say this all applies to 10 man as well? Particularly the part about shield spam. I'm wanting to try disc but I don't really have any experience playing it in a 10 man environment. I read somewhere you said it values haste more than it would in 25 man but I'm not really sure why.

Post 03 Sep 2011 10:07

User avatarJhazrun

roxodon wrote:I'm a disc priest and I've got a Jaws as trinket, as my second trinket I'm having a bit of wonders. I currently have, Tsunami, Moonwell Chalice and a Necromantic Focus. And of course I've got the Avenger's rep trinkets. I'm wondering if Necromantic is worthwile to use, or if you find holy fire not that available for use in FL.

Atonement & Co. don't really work in most of Firelands, so the Focus is right out.

Tsunami's SPI isn't particularly impressive for Discipline, but neither are the actives if you can't use them. Like everything else, it depends on what you're planning to do...

mannaroth wrote:Would you say this all applies to 10 man as well? Particularly the part about shield spam. I'm wanting to try disc but I don't really have any experience playing it in a 10 man environment. I read somewhere you said it values haste more than it would in 25 man but I'm not really sure why.

Tens already limit Shield-spam simply by number of available targets. PW:S and non-PW:S spells scale by diametrically opposed stats; PW:S doesn't benefit from Haste, and others gain virtually nothing from Mastery. As one would expect, this makes Haste less valuable in 25s where Shields make up a much larger portion of one's healing.

Post 12 Sep 2011 17:25

Ah thx a lot!
This was just what I was looking for :)

Always a pleasure, Eowym