Shadowpriest and Alys. Question for Xenophics

Re: Shadowpriest and Alys. Question for Xenophics

Post 30 Sep 2011 10:10

just use your normal rotationg and you "should" be doing 50k+ on that fight as flyer..

Post 30 Sep 2011 11:13

User avatarxenophics

Timoxi wrote:Mindflay

I'd like to see your math behind this. Also, coming here and telling people to F*****g reroll is very poor behavior. You don't need to be a dick, and if you do, at least write your comment without sounding like an ass. Or go post somewhere else.

What I agree with you Timoxi is that korshakov should be able to push more damage. korshakov, you wanted me to explain the mind flay/mind sear thing to you. Sadly I can't explain it any better than the people on the forums you linked to me, did. So even if I tried, you still wouldn't understand I guess. So I'd advice you to get your basic play into shape first, and then worry about mf/ms.

Without looking at your log, did you catch all the rings? Did you refresh the buff on the ground as well just before the burn phase started? (Tip, use dispersion to just go and get one if it looks bad). Did you save all cooldowns to burn, including volcanic potion? Did you keep spamming mf with the haste buff? Did you keep all dots up? Did you get your shadow fiend up early enough to have time to summon 2 more?

Btw, just took a look at the log. Where is your vampiric touch?! 20% empowered shadow uptime. You didn't use a shadow fiend! And no potions :/ Also, which professions do you have?

I'd advice you to start with this guide, and do a few rounds on training dummies to familiarize yourself with keeping the dots up all the time, summoning shadowfiend and trying to learn to stack cooldowns in the beginning of the fights/dark archangel.

Kilee's 4.2 Shadow Priest Guide: http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.p ... 80&start=0

Post 30 Sep 2011 11:55

Ou ye :/ my eyes are blinded from 4 years healing carrier. I will look on that page and i will practise. For keeping dots iam using weak aura. Can post my UI picture. My professions are ench. and tailor.

Thanks for your time Xenophics.

Post 30 Sep 2011 12:01

User avatarxenophics

Where is your Lightweave buff gain ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=75170#see-also-other ) ? I'm starting to doubt your everything from spec to enchants, gemming, gear, and reforges if you do not bother to take advantage of your professions when you play.

Post 30 Sep 2011 12:14

About that cloak i forgot to enchant it before raid. Dont check gear because 70-80% of that is from my main spec still. It take some time to get some good enought gear.

Post 01 Oct 2011 12:49

So reading all the posts I have to say sorry for the douchebags out there. I cannot say I know everything there is to know about spriests but I have been playing one for quite a while as well as read A LOT about how to optimize my dps.

I was quite surprised when i read your post on how much dps you did on that fight plus seeing the log was interesting. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8a01rk2hrp8dwrhj/sum/damageDone/?s=10582&e=11086 is one of our old attempts and that is with ok gear. With higher level gear but nothing compared to Xeno. Anywho, I remember when we first downed him i was still pulling like 55k dps. Tips! Hit every ring! Do normal rotation! Fiend every cd! 100% uptime on Empowered Shadow (as close as possible that is, as my log shows, 95% uptime. And definitely use Mind Flay, yeah the other one might have more ticks but you need to keep up Empowered Shadow and more Shadow orbs=bigger MB on every cd as well.
I have alot of fun playing with chardev so here are some suggestions on gearing with what you have right now and gems/ench/reforging. http://chardev.org/?profile=242034 Like i said, just suggestions according to my opinion so if other disagree thats fine.

Anywho, Think about what people said except the douche bags out there, keep it up and I am sure you will improve. L8R!

Post 01 Oct 2011 19:20

Im glad im 100% swedish and not and elitist Shadowpriest : ) Yea he didn't know exactly what he was saying, but it took a set to post on the best guild in the worlds forum. Let's retain the intellectual dignity we Shadowpriests are known for and call him fail through theory and long drawn out explanations of what to do when like the prompting to not stand in fire on the load in screen : P "People Helpin People, It's Powerful Stuff" Vince Vaughn-Wedding Crashers