Disc Priest and reforges

Re: Disc Priest and reforges

Post 21 Jan 2012 15:03

1000 less mana/per 5 second and 10% haste > 10% less haste but you will restore 1000 more mana every 5 second? I don't think so. So lets pretend you are in an encounter that lasts 420 seconds = 7 mins. If you had spirit reforges you would restored extra 84 000 mana during the combat, which is around half of your total mana pool instead of 10% more haste. I bet everyone must notice the difference in mana.
But the question is do you need to restore those extra 84 000 mana in addition to Shadowfiend + Volcanic Potion + Hymn of Hope. The answer would be NO for most of the bosses that are on farm and people are doing enough dps and have superior gear. To me a progress boss currently is Spine of the Deathwing 25 heroic. The lenght of the encounter is near the highest: 10 min+, which means I'll benefit from spirit a lot more than from haste. It's also a very mana consuming fight. In the end haste is way less valuable than Spirit even as a Disc.
My goal is to kill all the bosses and clear the content, not top silly HPS World of Logs.

Haste is definitely better If you don't run oom with your mana CDs. If you can manage with lesser spirit then sure reforge them out. But I personally feel more comfortable with Spirit reforges than with Haste.

ps. PW:S spam is more viable now with 4-set!

Post 21 Jan 2012 20:20

Envied say !:
Find an armory of a Discipline priest (a viable one please) that actually favors Spirit over the other stats I have listed here and I will gladly test the waters with their reforging. With that said, you're going to want to reforge your spirit into either Haste, Mastery OR Crit and or Crit into Haste/Mastery.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... z/advanced
disci priest from vodka with 3k3 spirit

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/s ... nst/simple
from Wraith, 3k spirit

Post 22 Jan 2012 07:39

Neiluge wrote:Envied say !:
Find an armory of a Discipline priest (a viable one please) that actually favors Spirit over the other stats I have listed here and I will gladly test the waters with their reforging. With that said, you're going to want to reforge your spirit into either Haste, Mastery OR Crit and or Crit into Haste/Mastery.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... z/advanced
disci priest from vodka with 3k3 spirit

http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/s ... nst/simple
from Wraith, 3k spirit

The priest from vodka is in his holy reforge...

As for the EU Priest, I have no idea....

But thank you for the links.

Post 22 Jan 2012 07:42

FB_disc wrote:Hey Envied,

Lets put it this way, my HPS jumped after doing your reforge idea and i'm never oom in a raid. I have my Shadowfiend, AA/A, 3 hymns of hope and 2 mana tide totems (and thats done twice is a fight). My mana is not an issue, so I'm not sure what yours is mate. Maybe your RL isn't working CDs properly or not being called properly and people are double stacking? Not my problem tho! I'm the RL in our raids and call out CDs when and if they're to be used. We have 2 kitties and wont call for a mana CD if one person is being retarded with their mana. Innervate em up and tell them to stop being stupid.

All the spirit I have reforged out of is gained back from the Heart of Unliving. 2 PoH and i'm at the 10 stack and regen mana like no tomorrow. Also, when shit goes bad and I'm just feeling bored i like to Borrowed Time and Divine Hymn.. With a moonkin + borrowed i have 37.25% haste when its casted.

In short, THANK YOU :)
And Neiluge for also suggesting haste ftw!

FB

You're welcome FB, I am not sure if the 2nd part about the mana and being stupid was for me or Thotz (I am sure it was for Thotz). But good luck with everything and if you have any other questions, like I have said, add me to real ID: [email protected]

Post 22 Jan 2012 07:51

Thotz wrote:1000 less mana/per 5 second and 10% haste > 10% less haste but you will restore 1000 more mana every 5 second? I don't think so. So lets pretend you are in an encounter that lasts 420 seconds = 7 mins. If you had spirit reforges you would restored extra 84 000 mana during the combat, which is around half of your total mana pool instead of 10% more haste. I bet everyone must notice the difference in mana.
But the question is do you need to restore those extra 84 000 mana in addition to Shadowfiend + Volcanic Potion + Hymn of Hope. The answer would be NO for most of the bosses that are on farm and people are doing enough dps and have superior gear. To me a progress boss currently is Spine of the Deathwing 25 heroic. The lenght of the encounter is near the highest: 10 min+, which means I'll benefit from spirit a lot more than from haste. It's also a very mana consuming fight. In the end haste is way less valuable than Spirit even as a Disc.
My goal is to kill all the bosses and clear the content, not top silly HPS World of Logs.

Haste is definitely better If you don't run oom with your mana CDs. If you can manage with lesser spirit then sure reforge them out. But I personally feel more comfortable with Spirit reforges than with Haste.

ps. PW:S spam is more viable now with 4-set!

So out of ALL of that text, basically the only fight you want spirit on is ONE fight, which is Spine of DW, right? So basically you can reforge out of spirit for every other fight? I am pretty sure that is what you're saying and reforging into Haste isn't hoping to make top world parses, for one, I don't know where you got that idea from.