Disc Priest and reforges

Disc Priest and reforges

Post 17 Jan 2012 15:58

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster.

This question is targeted for Jhazrun. I am a discipline priest pushing into heroic modes in DS25. I was curious as to the new rules on reforging and what it means to a discipline priest? I know that in 4.2 you couldn't get enough mastery but it seems some places are saying to have a balance last set of stats (spirit > mastery = haste = crit). Is this true? Haste even with Borrowed time? To me it doesn't make a lot of sense. My particulars are below and look forward to chatting with you!

character: Faceßook
armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... ook/simple
Last edited by FB_disc on 18 Jan 2012 05:05, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Disc Priest and reforges

Post 18 Jan 2012 01:29

I am not Jhazrun, but I can offer some help.

Haste -> Mastery -> Spirit -> Crit is what you should generally be aiming for as a Discipline priest. The Discipline spec really isn't geared towards "bubble spamming" anymore (Those days are long gone) and more towards spamming Prayer of Healing and Aegis stacking your raid. You should be reforging out of spirit and into either Haste or Mastery, depending on what the current stats on your piece of gear is prior to reforging. All gems should benefit your Haste stat and any enchants as well. Depending on what Inner state you are in, you generally want to go with Lava Walker for your boots and be in Inner Focus.

For a AA/A spec:

Haste -> Crit -> Mastery -> Spirit is what I feel you should be generally aiming for if you want to try out the AA/A healing spec with disc. Double dipping into your Aegis shields off all your crits is pretty lovely. Increased healing by 15% every 12 seconds means a great melee healer; 2k4-50k+ smite heals every 1.7 seconds and this spec allows you to be very mana efficient.

Your armory isn't working, but going off your Wowprogress page, you should change your Glyph of Penance to Glyph of Prayer of Healing and change your gems from +Intell/+Mastery to +Intell/+Haste.

I played on Hyjal and raided with TF for 9 months, if you have any questions, you may add me to real ID and I can answer any others you may have: [email protected]

Post 18 Jan 2012 04:16

thank you for your reply! i have a couple follow up questions for you...

1) what trinkets are you using? if you're reforging out of spirit are you using Heart of Unliving and Seal of the Seven Signs for haste?
2) when you said using Lava Walker are you meaning to couple with Inner Fire instead of Inner Will? Or just swap Fire for Will when BL?

Thanks again!

Post 18 Jan 2012 06:56

Definitely spirit > mastery > haste > crit in 25 mans. In 10 mans you can consider reforging mastery to haste. If you are raiding in 25 man guild and you actually have to heal not overgear it, you can't reforge spirit out in my opinion. Crit as a stat is very weak for any healer, because it's just a chance that your heals crit. You cant rely on luck.

Heart of Unliving is hands down the best healer trinket to go for atm. Seal of Seven signs is also good, because of its base Intellect. Majordomo's trinket comes only a little behind. Its use cd is great to be used along with PI (and if you have, t13 2-set).

I prefer gemming int+mst gems. Disc has no use of haste in the long term.

Post 18 Jan 2012 11:30

For me in raid healing :
haste > spirit > crit > mastery

Mastery is really good for bubble spamming but in PoH, crit and haste are better (imo, you can prouve the contrary if that can help me).

If you take haste, you need to feed the machine so spirit is usefull.

Of course crit is a lucky stat but i think juste one crit in one PoH give a bonus better than a minuscule up of egide in each members of the group.

I'm here to learn about some pov, so gimme arguments!

PS : sorry for my bad english language, i'm french.

Post 18 Jan 2012 15:37

well tonight will be the test for sure! i'm never finding a situation where i'm oom in our raids (2 resto shamans and 3 priests). so what i did was reforged out of all my spirit into the other secondary stat (spir into either haste/mastery). we're pushing into heroics and i'm thinking the extra haste coupled with my heart of unliving will make up for the loss. i have the regular version of Jaws of Defeat and may try a trinket swap for hf/smite spam.

thank you Neiluge and Thotz for your added comments! I guess its whatever the priest is really comfortable with in terms of reforges. After everything was said and done i'm only losing 1% off my mastery but i am now north of 15% haste (coupled with borrowed time is nice as well).

Post 19 Jan 2012 08:38

Sooo.... Tonight we rolled through heroic Morchok25 without any problems and then moved on for some more fun..

After all the reforges I did (out of spirit and into the secondary stat - mastery/haste) and equipped Heart of the Unliving... I was able to rank myself on WoWLogs for Yor'Sahj25 Normal (100th). So I think I'm going to be sticking with this!!

Post 19 Jan 2012 09:11

Im currently raiding in 6/8 25 heroic guild and we usually kill farm bosses with 5 healers. Heroic Zon'ozz would be quite a challenge if I had reforged spirit to haste/crit/mastery. Holy Priest's Prayer of Healing's initiate heal is almost 30% more effective(15% healing increased in Holy spec + Chakra 15% aoe healing increased) than Disc's, so why would you want to reforge spirit/mst/crit into haste when spamming PoH is useless If you can migitate the damage with PW:s (t13 4-set is handy too). 0.10-0.20 less casting time is not really worth it.

Zon'ozz, Warmaster (maybe), Spine and Deathwing requires a lot of MP5. All the other bosses are such a joke for Disc's mana that you can easily use haste reforges instead of spirit.

Post 20 Jan 2012 04:44

Thotz wrote:Im currently raiding in 6/8 25 heroic guild and we usually kill farm bosses with 5 healers. Heroic Zon'ozz would be quite a challenge if I had reforged spirit to haste/crit/mastery. Holy Priest's Prayer of Healing's initiate heal is almost 30% more effective(15% healing increased in Holy spec + Chakra 15% aoe healing increased) than Disc's, so why would you want to reforge spirit/mst/crit into haste when spamming PoH is useless If you can migitate the damage with PW:s (t13 4-set is handy too). 0.10-0.20 less casting time is not really worth it.

Zon'ozz, Warmaster (maybe), Spine and Deathwing requires a lot of MP5. All the other bosses are such a joke for Disc's mana that you can easily use haste reforges instead of spirit.

What are you even talking about? And why would you take INTEL/MASTERY gems OVER INTEL/HASTE gems for Discipline?

As a Disc Priest you have NO use for spirit what-so-ever, you need to be reforging out of that stat and into either HASTE/MASTERY, some priests go for HASTE/CRIT with the AA/A spec. Faster ProH means more Aegis shielding for your raid which obviously equals profit. Discipline isn't played as a bubble spammer anymore, that isn't what the class is about, clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

Facebook, follow what I've already told you and you will do just fine. Obviously bubbling your tanks while rapture is OFF CD to get back mana and keeping aegis up on your raid is going to make you successful within your raid grp. DO NOT BUBBLE SPAM.

Lavawalker to boots and staying in Inner Fire, not Inner Will. Seal of the Seven Signs is amazing for you, it's basically a free Power Infusion to you when it procs and I find it procs quite frequently. I tend to switch out trinkets depending on fights, like for instance, I use Theralion's Mirror on Ultraxion since I do go AA/A spec for that fight and the proc on that is amazing for Aegis stacking my raid.

Also, I am in a 6/8 Heroic 25 Man guild, I don't see why that even matters at all, but since we're on that topic, you're going to want to reforge out of spirit completely. Find an armory of a Discipline priest (a viable one please) that actually favors Spirit over the other stats I have listed here and I will gladly test the waters with their reforging. With that said, you're going to want to reforge your spirit into either Haste, Mastery OR Crit and or Crit into Haste/Mastery.

People have to learn that Holy and Discipline are two different play styles, please keep in mind you are a damage mitigator and you want to prevent as much incoming damage to the raid as possible by shielding. Spirit is a useless shit stat to have as a Disc Priest and would be better reforging into others.

P.S. If you're going OoM on fights and you need to have Spirit as a Disc Priest with your 6/8H guild, you might want to invest in raiders who can actually DPS or not 5 healing all these fights you claim to excel at.

Post 20 Jan 2012 16:08

Hey Envied,

Lets put it this way, my HPS jumped after doing your reforge idea and i'm never oom in a raid. I have my Shadowfiend, AA/A, 3 hymns of hope and 2 mana tide totems (and thats done twice is a fight). My mana is not an issue, so I'm not sure what yours is mate. Maybe your RL isn't working CDs properly or not being called properly and people are double stacking? Not my problem tho! I'm the RL in our raids and call out CDs when and if they're to be used. We have 2 kitties and wont call for a mana CD if one person is being retarded with their mana. Innervate em up and tell them to stop being stupid.

All the spirit I have reforged out of is gained back from the Heart of Unliving. 2 PoH and i'm at the 10 stack and regen mana like no tomorrow. Also, when shit goes bad and I'm just feeling bored i like to Borrowed Time and Divine Hymn.. With a moonkin + borrowed i have 37.25% haste when its casted.

In short, THANK YOU :)
And Neiluge for also suggesting haste ftw!

FB