Shadowpriests haste soft caps and reforging?

Shadowpriests haste soft caps and reforging?

Post 09 Mar 2012 02:10

I come from pretty much a dead server,resources are very limited on a decent sp to ask any sort of questions, and I nearly get a headache researching on the web listening to all the fighting back and forth on the topic, so.. I had a question about reforging haste. Currently I have 2764 haste, 15.14% crit and 13.7% mastery. I will have my legendary next week. I currently do get DI in my raid group. Though I have had a few people say to start reforging into mastery, and I have had others say to reforge into crit. Since I've started playing its always been stack haste, for soft caps/plateaus. I was just wondering there was a good stat weight to use as far as haste goes once you get to a certain point, some say yes, and others say no. I have looked at the wol's and I'm really not sure which is best. It just seems weird to reforge haste into something else. Any input would be great thanks!

Re: Shadowpriests haste soft caps and reforging?

Post 09 Mar 2012 03:55

User avatarKyy

Depends on your gear pretty much, some trinkets such as Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor or Cunning of the Cruel can raise value of crit rating where as having 4p parts tier 13 makes mastery stronger. To see value of crit and mastery better you need to do some calculations with something like simcraft.

but heres what i'd do.

NO t13 4set

Go haste and favor either mastery or crit as second highest according to simcraft results

YES t13 4set

Go 2859 haste and reforge rest to mastery (do this specially if you plan to use mind spike as part of your rotation)

Hating with passion

Post 09 Mar 2012 11:51

Kyy wrote:Go 2859 haste and reforge rest to mastery (do this specially if you plan to use mind spike as part of your rotation)

Is that a miss-spell, or am I not aware of what happens on 2859 haste? :)

Im referring to the "2859" - I would assume u meant "2589" for the VT tick (non goblin and no DI)?

Thanks, Éowym

Post 09 Mar 2012 16:38

User avatarKyy

Yeah, i did mean the VT tick which is 2589 without DI and 2141 with DI both being as non goblin or just 30% if thats more clear. So ye there was slight mistake on my post mixing the DI and non DI breakpoints.

Just checked fast my own haste rating and forgot that I had reforged for not having DI last reset

Hating with passion

Post 10 Mar 2012 02:41

User avataropex

I havent played since April last year but a friend gave me resurrection so i logged with my beloved spriest just to find out that i dont know which button i have to press on the keyboard to do something.
So i went ot mmo-champion and there i found one awesome guide by Kylee in the priest section where many if not all questions are answered. With pictures and stuff.It may not be the perfect but its close.
That said, dont say that there isnt a decent priest around to ask when you want to learn, search for info and read instead. There's shadowpriest.com also and some other sites mentioned under the "Sources" section :) Now i push the buttons like i used to, some say once you learn to ride a bike u cant forget it :)