@Tombolo

Re: @Tombolo

Post 19 Mar 2012 06:51

User avatarTombolo

@ Faithy

My UI probably isn’t a typical styled and highly configured UI which many players use spending a lot of time personalizing it, but I think it has all the necessary things in it and is very progression friendly in terms of low number of addons.

I have never used Elvui so I can’t really say anything about its darkness, but for easy-to-see dot timers you could try Need To Know which I’m using as a cooldown tracker (you can also easily track dots with it). The size of action bars can be obviously changed by almost every action bar addon there is.

I don’t think you need a copy of my WTF folder, I don’t use that many addons as you can see from my listing (from where I forgot Recount), so it shouldn’t be a huge job to find and install the ones you want separately.

Post 19 Mar 2012 06:53

User avatarTombolo

@Opex

Obviously you’re entitled to your opinions, but I have to say I disagree with you quite a lot. Firstly, I find X-Perl to be a great UI-addon which is configurable and clear. Probably the only thing I really need from my unit frames is that I can see my dot timers on my target, and X-Perl accomplishes that just fine.

Secondly, about those dot trackers (or as you probably also meant, cooldown trackers). On single target fights, my main dot tracker is the one on my target, X-Perl dot tracker. On multi target fights I can see my dots from TidyPlates as well. The dot timers above my cast bar aren’t actually supposed to even be there, I usually configure them away as I don’t need them there. Then about those cooldown trackers, I have them in a few places, yes, but only because I have categorized them according to their nature (e. g. on the right side are buffs that should always be up like Empowered Shadows, on the left side are actual cooldown buffs like Volcanic Potion). With Power Auras I follow the most important cd’s and buffs, like Shadow Orbs and Shadowfiend.

And thirdly, your comment about my un-girly UI.. In my opinion my UI is quite neat and simple which brings with it (I believe) efficiency. The UI might not be the prettiest or filled with butterflies etc. but I can assure you that during beta testing and progressing it’s not the wisest thing to have 100+1 addons. Half of them aren’t properly updated at the time which means you can’t be blindly depending on them – having skills in using default UI can come in handy then.

Every player is used to a certain type of UI and people have different opinions in what is efficient and beautiful. The fact that my UI works for me doesn’t mean that it should work for everyone else.

Post 19 Mar 2012 09:41

@ Tombolo

i agree entierly with tombolo, i mean when people first discover X-perl, Bartender themeing they go absolutely nuts with the themeing downloading all the 'toy' un-nessasary addons which arnt really needed.

"having skills in using default UI can come in handy then" is something that i am finding myself going back to after 3 years of playing time :).

the 'buzz' of addons DOES wear off after they aren't updated after a patch and you do notice the performance on Frames per second DRAMATICLY

Powerauras is a paaainn to set up lol, but i think bartender is a start to a 'non memory hugging UI'
Thanks @Tombolo

Post 19 Mar 2012 13:46

opex wrote:
Tombolo wrote:How come?

Because almost all of the addons on the SS are in their default view right after the first login :) And it just looks like you've made that to get the attention away :P
And i cant believe someone at the top level you are would use X-perl over Pitbull or even Shadowed, its just the worst UI addon ever. I used to use it like 2,5 years ago because the other option was Pitbull which back then wasnt that easy to configure as it required high skills in programming to be able to configure it (ok, in quotes that, but almost), but even then i took the challenge to get rid of that ugly cpu-eating/killing ugly monster X-perl :PP:D
And i think maybe that as a girl's UI i'd expect something very very neat and highly configured for beauty and style aswell as for absolute maximum efficiency (in heated fights for example i'd be confused from so much dot trackers around) :) Now i see 4, or 5 if the one from PowerAuras is counted.

I kind of agree about Xperl. That texture is the ugliest thing in the world ^_^

Post 19 Mar 2012 15:38

User avatarxenophics

opex wrote:And i think maybe that as a girl's UI i'd expect something very very neat and highly configured for beauty and style aswell as for absolute maximum efficiency

Zingzing, and we have a winner -_-

From our guild, Deva and Ilo are the biggest UI dry humpers. Always polishing their "ELFFFI" UI's.

About your point on girls and beautiful stylished UI's, my UI is actually quite ugly, but gets the job done. Needless to say that's not always the case. I can't believe Tombolo would have any issues with her UI. The focus point of it is just above her character, when usually it's below. Also, she does great dps so the UI clearly works.

Also, butterfly-less UI ftw.

Post 19 Mar 2012 16:58

User avataropex

i feel like im on the wall ready to be shot with a cannon.. i feel like im torn apart in pieces by a pride of angry lions...
you read my post with the biggest magnifying glass ever made and stress on some words like i've meant something bad, but i just commented something with nothing but good feelings :) I never said or meant anything about ugli UI, and isnt it normal someone, based on the statistics (like "boys room and girls car cleanliness and vice versa" for example), to just expect something very tweaked, and if its not like that then it doesnt mean that its necessarily ugly? However after all im sorry i made you angry -.-

Post 20 Mar 2012 00:06

From our guild, Deva and Ilo are the biggest UI dry humpers. Always polishing their "ELFFFI" UI's.

Haha sounds like me always tweaking the UI to make it that little bit 'better' :D

Shadow Priest Queens (: :D