@Kyy or @Xenophics

@Kyy or @Xenophics

Post 20 Mar 2012 00:24

Good evening Paragon and others,

Huge fan of the shadow priest team that paragon has (<3).

I would like to ask you a question and hope you can help me out:

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... l/advanced

I just recieved Gloves of Liquid Smoke normal (403) which enables me to break the haste cap of 2589. For this to happen I did have to change my Soulgaze Cowl (397) to the LFR set headpiece (384) so I could benefit from the 4-set bonus. Both the Soulgaze Cowl and the set-gloves gave allot of mastery. When I didn't have Gloves of Liquid Smoke I got my haste to exactly 2228 while reforging everything else to mastery (hit-cap included off course).

My question is, should I go for the gloves of liquid smoke and get to that haste cap while getting allot less mastery (I am using the 4-set wings+fiend gimmick) or should I stay with the old mastery>haste reforging I hate previously?

Simulation craft told me having the mastery gave me more dps overall:

36280 - with reforging to mastery and using mastery gear
36049 - with reforging to haste-cap and using the new 403 gloves

But I'm not sure if I should trust it, as I've read that the 4-set gimmick can't be really tracked by SC.

Thanks in advance for helping me out here,
Mosyl

PS: Love your videos!

Re: @Kyy or @Xenophics

Post 20 Mar 2012 03:10

User avatarKyy

Simcrafts default settings and rotation are bit off specially if you wanna see how using mind spike changes the results (At least last time I checked it). But without calculations just based on your armory. I would say that go with your current set if you don´t get DI in your raids. If do get DI for 100% time then you can drop some haste in favor of mastery and still get that 30% raid buffed.

Hating with passion

Post 20 Mar 2012 15:28

Thanks for your quick reply Kyy,

I don't recieve DI everytime I raid so maybe I'll keep it at the current state.

What are your thoughts on Bottled Wishes? Some people say it's better than 410 Insignia, mainly because the proc of the Insignia can totally screw up any MS rotation, but I'm not sure. Can't you just have it proc and wait for it to end before using the wings+fiend gimmick?

Mosyl

Post 20 Mar 2012 15:45

User avatarKyy

No way Bottle is better then 410 Insignia, sure it can mess some timings up if it procs during lust while you try to spike but there has already been discussion about whether it´s even worth to spike during lust since that alone takes cast time under fiends swing timer.

Or maybe better way of saying is that 410 Insignia is overall better then bottle unless it´s 15sec burst you´re concerned on. For spine Bottle is one of the best trinkets since you should have it up for every tendon burn phase.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that, now that the 4p + fiend gimmik has become more popular a lot of ppl seem to focus purely to maximize dmg during that phase. Still people should remember that on most fights a larger portion of dmg comes from your "normal" rotation and that mind spike spam can also be a dmg lose if not done correctly

Hating with passion

Post 21 Mar 2012 19:51

Kyy wrote:No way Bottle is better then 410 Insignia, sure it can mess some timings up if it procs during lust while you try to spike but there has already been discussion about whether it´s even worth to spike during lust since that alone takes cast time under fiends swing timer.

Or maybe better way of saying is that 410 Insignia is overall better then bottle unless it´s 15sec burst you´re concerned on. For spine Bottle is one of the best trinkets since you should have it up for every tendon burn phase.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that, now that the 4p + fiend gimmik has become more popular a lot of ppl seem to focus purely to maximize dmg during that phase. Still people should remember that on most fights a larger portion of dmg comes from your "normal" rotation and that mind spike spam can also be a dmg lose if not done correctly

Thanks for the reply!

I'll remember that last part and not get to fed up with the gimmick.

Good luck in Mists of Pandaria! Hope to see you guys on top again ;-).

Mosyl