@Kyy or @Xeno

@Kyy or @Xeno

Post 29 Mar 2012 22:51

My guild is currently on Heroic Madness for progression. I'm the Shadow Priest in the group, so I've been eating Impales with Dispersion.

I'm curious, however, if it's necessary to use the Dispersion Glyph or if I'm better off using my Mind Flay + SW: P + SW: D Glyphs.

If I do use the Dispersion Glyph, what you recommend be dropped in exchange for it? I figured that Mind Flay would be a better option to drop due to multi-dotting capabilities and the amount of damage that SW: D does with all the Aspect buffs.

Re: @Kyy or @Xeno

Post 30 Mar 2012 06:55

User avatarKyy

How is your guild doing it then? Are you trying to take every single impale on SP or just when tanks don´t have cooldowns? But it´s fairly easy to see, if you die because you didn't have dispersion ready then you need glyph if there is enough time between your soaks then don't use it.

On the subject which glyph to replace in favor of disperse, I checked few of my own logs for past weeks and at least for me mindflay has been doing more dmg then sw:p in that fight. So i´d say it´s better replace sw:p glyph. But you can easily see that yourself as well by using either some in game dmg meter or using world of logs.

Hating with passion

Post 30 Mar 2012 09:27

Currently I'm eating the 2nd Dispersion on every platform. We're a 10 man guild.

I have not yet tried it without the Glyph on, so I was curious to see if you'd had that experience while using a similar strategy.

Post 30 Mar 2012 10:36

User avatarKyy

It depends a lot on your raid groups dps, I´ve done heroic maddness only twice on 10man and we didn't have the need to soak it with SP. So sadly I cant give a guaranteed answer on this. But you can ofc just use stop watch to check timing between your soaks and see if it's long enough to drop that glyph

Hating with passion

Post 14 Jun 2012 08:07

Took me awhile to get back to you about this, but thank you Kyy.

Figured out that in 10 man the gap between getting tentacles down was well over 2 minutes so there's no need to change glyphs at all for the fight.