Healer Priest tips request for Mogushan Vaults for Jhazrun

Re: Healer Priest tips request for Mogushan Vaults for Jhazr

Post 12 Nov 2012 17:40

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:So, Discipline fits snugly in 10m this tier?

Well, I'm feeling pretty awesome right now.

Cyvus wrote:Were you not satisfied with going for the newest Renew haste threshold?

It turned out I'd find myself going Discipline all the way through Heart of Fear, so off the haste came.

Cyvus wrote:Aside from Will of the Emperor, do you feel Holy has a place on any fight in particular on heroic?

Since the latest Disci hotfixes, Holy is definitely the underdog of the two. HoF didn't give it a lot of room to shine, but Terrace is looking like a better fit.

Cyvus wrote:Have you formulated any thoughts on any other healing classes at this time?

Monks are the talk of the town right now with log rankings getting cited left and right, but they're really just a flashy feel-good healer; their scaling is poor and their control worse, but they sure know how to make themselves look good out of the gates. Ideal for whipping up a storm of balance drama, but not what I want in my raid.

Cyvus wrote:When will you admit Rainbow Dash is the only pony worth being a fan of?

You're right. This has been corrected post-haste.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 12 Nov 2012 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

Post 12 Nov 2012 17:41

It's good to have you back on the forums, Jhaz.

Post 12 Nov 2012 17:52

Actually, I've got a few more things to pick your brain on...

Fire vs Will as Discipline? Logically, I feel inclined to use Will to ease mana restraints, but Spirit Shell is yelling at me to use Fire. Thoughts?

Mindbender vs FDCL as Holy?

Do Halo and Divine Star feel as lame to you as they do to me?

How is Light of the Cosmos working out? Imaginably with a glyphed Holy Fire, it's useful?

I see you switching glyphs frequently enough to ask your thoughts on any in particular you like?

Post 12 Nov 2012 19:04

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:Fire vs Will as Discipline? Logically, I feel inclined to use Will to ease mana restraints, but Spirit Shell is yelling at me to use Fire. Thoughts?

It takes one GCD to swap. How is this an either-or?

Cyvus wrote:Mindbender vs FDCL as Holy?

Normally FDCL could be called situational, but those situations tend to be the same you're bringing Holy in for.

Cyvus wrote:Do Halo and Divine Star feel as lame to you as they do to me?

They are, but who'd want to give up Cascade anyway?

Cyvus wrote:How is Light of the Cosmos working out? Imaginably with a glyphed Holy Fire, it's useful?

Honestly? I've got no idea. It's more of a pet project than any sort of calculated choice.

Cyvus wrote:I see you switching glyphs frequently enough to ask your thoughts on any in particular you like?

Your sample size needs work. Bringing in Fade glyph for a couple of high-burst bosses doesn't make priest glyphs any less of a no-brainer.

Post 12 Nov 2012 19:08

I don't know why people complain your answers aren't straightforward. I always find them exceedingly useful.

Post 12 Nov 2012 20:21

I think I edited while you were responding to my first set of ramblings, so...

Will you ever indulge us and have your PoV in a kill?

Or at least show us what your current UI looks like?

Post 18 Nov 2012 17:15

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:show us what your current UI looks like?

Here's a shot from today:

Post 19 Nov 2012 20:30

I knew you were a brony from the mmo-champions forum, but that it goes this far... wow :D

Post 19 Nov 2012 20:59

What are you using in addition to Grid?

I recall you saying your cast bar is your own creation?

What addon creates the circular CD icons?