Healing So Far

Re: Healing So Far

Post 17 Dec 2012 11:12

Thanks Jhazrun, the animated GIF is awesome and telling about the rest of the answer!

I'm really amazed by the level of insight you can reach, it's no mistake you're #1 Priest! Now I understand the picture a little bit better, really the blue chackra is a trap! And i'll be happy to use FDCL that I like a lot, but that is not useful in blue chakra.

But reading your answers I'm tempted to ask you a question: what you write is very good and I can understand it. I'll try starting tomorrow to do it: renew + heal on as many ppl as possible (or at least as many as i can, keeping the Renew up), FDCL to complement as mana saving, cascade to aoe while keeping the dots alive. I also get the INT stuff importance, more INT means less heals needed, so it's mana saving in this respect. BUT, what if you're healing an "average" party (I mean people like those you could find in a guild that is ranked in the 5k-ish position world wide), where a lot of times there is someone doing something "wrong", so that damage tend to be on the upper side of what is expected and not as predictable as it may be? Would you change strategy to go with blue chackra and heavy AOE spells, or would you stick with this (beautiful) strategy?

Thanks again!!

Post 18 Dec 2012 12:13

User avatarJhazrun

Drivird wrote:what if you're healing an "average" party (I mean people like those you could find in a guild that is ranked in the 5k-ish position world wide), where a lot of times there is someone doing something "wrong", so that damage tend to be on the upper side of what is expected and not as predictable as it may be? Would you change strategy to go with blue chackra and heavy AOE spells, or would you stick with this (beautiful) strategy?
Yellow chakra doesn't really care whether the damage is predictable or not, as long as there's enough of it. FDCL—and if you can get it, 2-piece set bonus—are especially useful for taking care of random fire-sitters.

Post 19 Dec 2012 11:39

Jhazrun wrote:Yellow chakra doesn't really care whether the damage is predictable or not, as long as there's enough of it. FDCL—and if you can get it, 2-piece set bonus—are especially useful for taking care of random fire-sitters.

Thanks a lot again Jhazrun, i'll try it out tonight and I'm pretty sure that something good will happen. And I'll come back to disc for fights where that 1 minute cooldown is the more important thing...