Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 22 Apr 2010 12:16

Zylix wrote:So I might be going Holy officially for my guild as we have a better geared Disc Priest already topping meters on World of Logs...

So my rant is why in the world is Disc Priests out healing Holy Priests on World of Logs... what happened, it almost makes me not want to play my Priest as Holy because of this.

If anyone here cares to discuss, I would be glad to read and get your guys opinions on the matter..

Thanks

This is mostly due to the ICC buff now accounts for absorbed damage, and the change to our 4pc t10.

And I don't know if you're looking at LK logs, but infest is the reason why we're on top.

Depends on the fight for Holy, I know some fights where they do just fine on the meters, maybe not on top but that doesn't mean anything really...

Post 22 Apr 2010 16:25

Yea very true.

I don't care to top meters, but I just remember disc being so bad at healing haha now its like bam... number 1 healer on like half the fights..

I do have a Holy Paladin as well hmm, might make the switch??

Post 22 Apr 2010 17:42

Hey folks was hoping you might be able to give me some pointers into playing as disc. My priest is my alt but have been benching my dk to help out heal when we are alittle short for some raids. We are currently working on LK 10man and sindragosa 25 man both normal. Anyways decided to try out disc for the obvious advantages it brings for lk fight etc but have never played disc before and every guide I find seems to be well outdated. Everyone keeps telling me spam shield if only it was that easy :) any tips or links would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Slugsy psychotic The Maelstrom EU

Post 23 Apr 2010 07:34

Thanks Jhazrun for the reply, your answer makes sense to me and I feel better about my roll in our 25 icc heroic.

One more question if you don't mind. What are your thoughts about holy nova; especially if groups are set up to help its potential? Do you think it'd be worth glyphing into it instead of flash/renew

Post 24 Apr 2010 01:45

Hello Jhazrun, figured I'd register on the forums to ask a question regarding your shieldwork on LK25h. I noticed you guys only bring you as disc to it, and I was wondering how much of the raid can you keep infest off with shields as the only disc?

Also, would you guys consider it beneficial to specc the holy priest to disc for better infest coverage? If not, what benefits does the holy priest bring over another disc?
I'm quite new to disc, strongly prefer holy myself.

Post 28 Apr 2010 03:34

Zylix wrote:Yea very true.

I don't care to top meters, but I just remember disc being so bad at healing haha now its like bam... number 1 healer on like half the fights..

I do have a Holy Paladin as well hmm, might make the switch??

Disc hasn't been bad at healing for a very long time. I assume the reason you have thought so is that your have used other tools to track healing than WoL (Recount etc) that hasn't shown how much absorbs we actually do with Shields and Divine Aegis.

The reason disc comes out ahead of other healers on many fights is due to us being able to absorb incoming damage before any other healer is able to heal the damage inflicted. However, this goes for a raidhealing disc (ie shieldspammer). If the discpriest is only on tankduty he/she will obviously get crushed on healingmeters by other aoe healers.

Post 28 Apr 2010 23:48

Hello, i am a bit lost with my discipline priest, when i visited Ensidias page they said that i should socket SP/INT in almost every socket, but then i took a look on your page and your all about spell power it seemes like

So here's my questions for you priests:

1. is my intellect and gear enough to not go oom? (for example, my job on lich king 25 is to shield 15 members between infest)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... e&cn=Qassi

2. What should i socket ? What gems in what slots ?

3. I get that i should socket 23 sp in red sockets but on blue and yellows ? Should i socket for the bonus or just go all in on spellpower

Post 29 Apr 2010 00:16

bobbo101 wrote:Hello, i am a bit lost with my discipline priest, when i visited Ensidias page they said that i should socket SP/INT in almost every socket, but then i took a look on your page and your all about spell power it seemes like

So here's my questions for you priests:

2. What should i socket ? What gems in what slots ?

This is what Jhazrun told me.(Bottom of Page 5 in this thread)

"SP-INT in Yellows with a bonus of +5 SP or up.
SP-SPI/SP-Mp5s in Blues with a bonus of +7 SP or up.
SP in everything else.
Note that the values above only apply when activating the bonus with a single non-red gem; Items with two or more yellow and/or blue sockets always want full SP."

Post 29 Apr 2010 10:34

Hello again ~

I have a question for Xenophics this time..

Shadow is my main spec, I'm just curious about why you choose to use heroic Reign over DFO? I know the damage proc off reign is nice, but wouldn't the haste and the spell power proc be better? I'm currently using regular DFO + heroic spyglass..I know pillar of flame -does- do quite a bit of damage, though I don't know if the chunk of spell power would be better than the chunk of haste.

Thanks =]
Riia.

Post 29 Apr 2010 11:49

User avatarxenophics

Heya Riia!

You are right that Dislodged Foreign Object is better than Reign of the Dead. The problem is that we have had 2 normal DFO's dropping (around 3 months ago) and this was the first week we got our first heroic DFO. I haven't been able to overbid my fellow caster guildies to get mine yet so that's why I keep in using my old Reign of the Dead.