Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 13 May 2010 12:30

User avatarxenophics

Riia wrote:I don't know if its really -that- good or not.

It is -that- good compared to other racials. Congratulations to your new troll :)

Post 14 May 2010 00:29

Jhazrun ty for ur answer
Im so happy that u helped on my problem :))

Post 14 May 2010 02:24

Thanks! =)

Post 20 May 2010 14:04

Hello,

Having recently begun healing both 25 and H10 ICC a little more seriously I have been picking up T10 to get my 4pc and am now ready to buy my last piece. Generally I see priests (both discipline and holy) running head/shoulders/hands/legs and using off set robes. However since I run nearly exclusively disc (Sind being the exception) would it be better to grab the tier chest and lose haste rather than pick up the legs and lose the crit from the crafted 264 legs?
I'm sitting at over 600 haste currently and thus have a fair amount being wasted when I'm doing heavy shielding in 25man. I'm leaning towards the tier chest but thought I'd get some other opinions, especially regarding what set up works better for H10 man (I'm currently mainly raid healing with tank healing support in the 10man). Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions! :)

Post 20 May 2010 17:39

User avatarJhazrun

Jhazrun salutes Jiune with respect.

Unless you see yourself branching out into Holy or gaining steady access to iLevel 277 equipment, don't concern yourself with the set leggings if you already have Woven Death crafted.

The running principles behind the standard of opting for the leggings as one of the four set pieces are the absence of a non-caster, non-set option at the 277 level (rendering them a mandatory gateway item to the best-in-slot piece in established end-game raiding), and the relative ease of acquiring a 264-to-277 robe (saving a precious set token in the gearing-up phase).

For the moment being you're sitting in the middle of all of it, and feel little to no pressure for either choice.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 20 May 2010 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post 20 May 2010 17:53

Thanks for the quick response Jhazrun :)

Post 23 May 2010 09:38

Hello and thank you for all the resources you provide us here :)

I've got 3 questions for you, excuse-me if they seem naive but I've really searched for a *precise* answer and didn't fint it. I found TONS of answers, but no one seemed 100% trustable. I'm new in healing so I'm not used to finding the right sources.

A) Is that true that PoM jumps, 1) to the target who has lost the most % of total live, and 2) IF no one lost life, PoM jumps on target with the lowest total HP ?

B) Is that true that renew does NOT generate ANY aggro if put on the target BEFORE the pull (ie not in fight) ?

C) A totally non-priest question : do you have fight logs somewhere so I can spy your priests in detail ?

Sorry for my english, thanks for your patience ;)

Post 23 May 2010 12:14

User avatarJhazrun

You're in the right place, Maoh,

Maoh wrote:A) Is that true that PoM jumps, 1) to the target who has lost the most % of total live, and 2) IF no one lost life, PoM jumps on target with the lowest total HP ?

B) Is that true that renew does NOT generate ANY aggro if put on the target BEFORE the pull (ie not in fight) ?

C) A totally non-priest question : do you have fight logs somewhere so I can spy your priests in detail ?

Prayer of Mending operates by health deficits. Upon triggering it goes through every friendly target within 20 yds, pets included, for the greatest absolute number of missing hit points.
In scenarios of equal deficits (those being 0 when in full health) the spell simply picks a random target in range to leap to.

As long as both you and your healee are in combat with a hostile NPC, any true healing (not overhealing) generates an amount of threat equal to 50% of the healing done. This includes Renew and other delayed heals if, and only if, you've both been drawn into combat by the time the ticks occur.

Here is where you'll find all of our public logs. Feel free to dig in.

Post 23 May 2010 21:31

Thank you so much for your help ! :) *offer a home-made cookie*

Post 23 May 2010 22:52

Im noticing that Xenophics has zero points into Imp MB. Does this Mean that mb is able to be dropped from the shadow rotation?
Thanks,
Shadus-Dark Iron US