ICC 25 Lich King HM

ICC 25 Lich King HM

Post 11 May 2010 13:14

Dear Paragon's priest,

I have few questions about using disc/holy priest in 25-man HM Lich King.

As a disc priest, what level of shield should I use for infest?

I was using 4T10 264 healing priest set and my highest shield is enough for covering infest but I can only shield about 15 people before the new infest.

I was thinking my haste is not enough so I changed my gear into 3T10 264 shadow priest gear- head; shoulder and chest with 2T10 264 healing priest - hand and leg.

Then, I found out my shield did not absorb all infest even though I used the highest level of shield. Usually, how many Spell Power and haste should I have for lich king?

Since our guild has found another disc priest for raiding lich king, so I was asked to get prepared as a holy priest. However, I do not have any experience on combining the gear of holy priest. Would you please give me some advice in? Should I concentrate on improving my SP or haste or Mp5?

Many thanks on reading and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards - kookypooky

Re: ICC 25 Lich King HM

Post 12 Oct 2010 08:19

User avatarThasilian

Hi kookypooky, I know you wanted someone from Paragon to answer your post but this one has been here pretty long without answering and I feel sympathy for you since time is running out all the time if you still wanna kill Lich King 25hc in wotkl (our guild got it in the nick of time yesterday, which means two days before 4.1) so I think it is okay if I try to help you somehow, lets let Paragon’s priest make the corrections when he/she has time. :)

As disc priest you should just use the max. ranked shield, there is not actually need to regain mana from rupture talent or any other reason to use lower rank shields. I wonder how you manage to give shields only for 15 people, I assume you are using addons like grid + clique to give them as fast as you can. There should be enough time to shield 20-23 raidmembers. And you should always keep up giving bubbles for raid, while keeping your stuff on tanks by casting penance and maybe some flash heals to tanks when you got couple of seconds ”free time”. Keeping up bubbling the raid also means that you bubble always, when you run like to get your necrotic plague or defile you should bubble while runnin, make fast dispel near shambling and just keep bubbling when running. You also need to ignore remaining infests and let other healers take care of them if you are the only disc priest and aim for to bubble as many as you can.

Sometimes infests stays on target tough you surely gave the shield, but that is because of ghouls hit it away, or valkyrs took it (tanks must taunt them) or the target took some damage from defile and shield broke or something like that. I hope I am not telling too basic stuff for you now, but I guess it must be in your style to do the encounter. Maybe I dare to link LK25 hc video from my (as disc) picture of view tough it is not like Paragons raid but I think you can see the basics also from there. http://www.xfire.com/video/384767/

As holy you just should take SP. And during encounter you assist on healing tanks, giving speed bubbles for defiles and necrotic plagues if disc priest has not given shield to that guy first and you should precast prayer of healing to every infest and circle of healing right after it so infests should be healed pretty well. Holy is also good for edgephases and inside frostmourne, just love that I can heal very well while running (compare to healadins :P ).

I uploaded our one training try which is terrible but you will see the holypriests picture of view well from these. http://www.xfire.com/video/37c64e/ (p1 & 2) http://www.xfire.com/video/37c6ac/ (frostmourne and p3).

Hopefully this helped you and you will also get your kill. :) Dont judge those videos too baddly, I know there is things to give attendion but we are somekind of mix of a sosial and raiding guild so we are not availeable to do it as good as Paragon but we always try our best and make every try better, I bet it was still better to give some PoVs as videos for you than just write them. And lets hope priest from Paragon says something if there is something crusial he notices you still need to know. Good luck!

Doing dps is a science, tanking is a job and healing is an art.