Heroic Lich King 25 Holy Priest Questions

Heroic Lich King 25 Holy Priest Questions

Post 20 Jul 2010 10:31

So my guild is progressing through Heroic lich king on 25man, and we are having quite a few deaths from infest healing (not missing shields) on average 19-20 people are shielded per infest.

We are running a mod to remove Fortitude similar to the cancel aura macro, I am just curious as to what your holy priests did to combat infest.

Was the renew heavy spec used? If so was it superior to the other holy specs?
What was involved in it eg, renew unshielded targets before infest hits, PoH > CoH pre PoM a unshielded target etc?

I am the disc priest for my guild in this I am just curious what your holy priests did.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Heroic Lich King 25 Holy Priest Questions

Post 20 Jul 2010 13:01

Daedra wrote:So my guild is progressing through Heroic lich king on 25man, and we are having quite a few deaths from infest healing (not missing shields) on average 19-20 people are shielded per infest.

We are running a mod to remove Fortitude similar to the cancel aura macro, I am just curious as to what your holy priests did to combat infest.

Was the renew heavy spec used? If so was it superior to the other holy specs?
What was involved in it eg, renew unshielded targets before infest hits, PoH > CoH pre PoM a unshielded target etc?

I am the disc priest for my guild in this I am just curious what your holy priests did.

Thank you for your time.

Personally I'm using the renew heavy spec.

1. Before infest
I keep renew running on targets that most likely will not get shielded or whose shield is most likely gonna break before infest hits.

2. Right before infest
I throw out pom on one of those targets as well.

3. After infest
I use coh + maybe throw the free surge of light somewhere and then go back to point 1.

I almost never use flash heal, and poh is also very situational, maybe sometimes I use it when i see a whole group with infest and no heals going their way.

With the current ICC buff, I see no point using any fortitude mods/cancel aura macros. It will just make things more complex.

Re: Heroic Lich King 25 Holy Priest Questions

Post 20 Jul 2010 16:01

Thank you for the response, very useful information.