[Hunter] Yogg-0 Keepers Inquiry

[Hunter] Yogg-0 Keepers Inquiry

Post 15 Jul 2009 20:48

Congratulations on Alone in the Darkness!

This is directed at the hunter(s) who was/were using the BM spec in your kill video.

I would like to know if your using BM was for the 3% damage buff or for another reason. I am a follower of the Elitist Jerks theorycrafting forums, and there is a little discussion going on in their Beast Mastery forums about why there was a devilsaur in your video. Some opine that since pets stay on the brain even when you port out, the extra DPS could save more time on the next portal phase or even shave one portal phase out. I noticed that the devilsaur in your video stayed outside to kill corruptors, though. Others suggest that BM could net better DPS during phase 3.

I apologize if this question has already been answered on another forum or thread, but General is the only one that I have access to.

Re: [Hunter] Yogg-0 Keepers Inquiry

Post 15 Jul 2009 22:06

User avatarShaylee

Thanks,

Well that's a funny story.

I wanted to have some variation as it had been quite a long time since I actually played BM. I specced for the early bosses in the instance, but also wanted to give it a go at Yogg. It turned out to be alright, as I could give the 3% damage buff for people outside the brain room.

My phase3 dps seemed to be at same level with our MM/SV hunters, sometimes even a bit higher. We used 4 hunters distracting the adds with shadow beacon, so there was a lot of time when I could not dps the boss at all, but my pet could go all out.

My spec was not the optimal BM spec as I didn't have imp tracking (which is useless on that fight). The reason I didn't have imp arcane was that I've got ArP gems on my gear (did not use it on my rotation).

Optimal choice or not, I don't know. But what I do know is that it was quite fun to play (and probably less stressful than other specs) :>

//Shaylee

Re: [Hunter] Yogg-0 Keepers Inquiry

Post 15 Jul 2009 22:51

Thanks for the quick response, Shaylee! I think I'll give BM a go on my guild's Yogg attempts this week. I do miss my devilsaur lol