About videoquality on Youtube

Re: About videoquality on Youtube

Post 06 Mar 2011 19:31

I'm having 1 more problem.

I record video with fraps with this settings:

full screen
1920-1080p
30fps

and a video of less than 2 minutes is around 3.5 GB is it normal? is there some way to reduce this size to something around 200MB without loosing all the resolution?

Post 06 Mar 2011 21:10

Krallis wrote:I'm having 1 more problem.

I record video with fraps with this settings:

full screen
1920-1080p
30fps

and a video of less than 2 minutes is around 3.5 GB is it normal? is there some way to reduce this size to something around 200MB without loosing all the resolution?

Sounds pretty normal. You can encode the videos after you have recorded them but the files that fraps puts our are going to be quite big. There is almost no compression on them after recording because even the high-end computers most likely wouldn't be able to run the game and encode the video in real time. The only ways of lowering the file size (while recording) are either lowering FPS or resolution but you can get 1 TB HDDs for like 60 euros or something if you need more space.

Post 07 Mar 2011 12:47

the problem for me is not the space it uses on my HDD but how can I upload them on youtube without loosing the definition, to sum up how can I upload on utube video with quality like yours.

PS: max size on you tube 2GB

Post 07 Mar 2011 13:57

Krallis wrote:the problem for me is not the space it uses on my HDD but how can I upload them on youtube without loosing the definition, to sum up how can I upload on utube video with quality like yours.

PS: max size on you tube 2GB

Edit and encode them with Adobe Premiere (or any other video editing software). The settings that are used on our videos have been posted in this thread.

Post 13 Nov 2012 16:57

Hello maeil! I was just wondering if you use Premiere CS6 now, and if so, what Sequens do you work in when you make the videos? I have tryed out so many but it just makes the video with shit loads of lagg (after I've used the same settings you used). I'm going crazy.

I use:

Dxtory - Record the game
Adobe Premiere Pro cs6 - editing. (have sony vegas pro 11 aswell)

I record in 1680x1050 with 30fps.

Project
Resolution: 1980x1080
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0
Fields: Progressive scan (couse it looks for some strange reason)

Render
Resolution: 1680x1050
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0
Codec: H.264
FPS: 30
Profile: Main
Level: 5.0
Bitrate encoding: VBR, 2 pass
Target bitrate: 10
Max bitrate: 15

Thanks!