Serious question on the validity of something...

Serious question on the validity of something...

Post 29 Sep 2011 02:09

Hello. I first want to say you guys are admirable hands down, and you have the respect of many, especially mine. To be blunt, my friend stated that he saw in an interview that someone from Paragon said, " [paraphrasing] We are considering going Alliance for solely the Worgen class. The benefit of the racial, Darkflight, will indefinitely increase our raid survivability." Now, my first impression is that this is ludicrous and non-sensual. However, maybe there is some validity in the statement, and maybe it is that important to the raid environment.

If you could, members of Paragon, please enlighten me and give me some type of answer.
Thanks,
George

Re: Serious question on the validity of something...

Post 29 Sep 2011 03:19

Worgen Racials:

1% crit
Darkflight - bonus sprint
Shadow and nature dmg resist

Unless you are pushing the very edge of the enrage timers, your survivability is enhanced by the ability to get out of 'stuff' (fire, etc..) faster so that your healers don't need to waste as much mana. As a worgen, every class has a sprint option automatically, and while the 1% crit is generally worse for dmg then the goblin, orc or troll racials, Darkflight can be a big enough boost to your ability to avoid dmg to make up for the slight dps loss.

However I believe that interview was around 6 months ago, and as Paragon seems to be doing pretty well as horde i would be fairly surprised if they did faction transfer.

Re: Serious question on the validity of something...

Post 30 Sep 2011 17:31

Actually the 1% crit from worgens should be superior to some (perhaps even most?) classes as for example 1% haste turns out to be 128 rating whereas 1% crit is 179. Haste would have to be 40% better than crit to warrant it's superiority.

Darkflight on the other hand is just ridiculously good when compared to any other racial in pve, it makes dying to anything that requires movement much less likely.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.