The Future of WoW - My Prediction

The Future of WoW - My Prediction

Post 16 Oct 2011 03:30

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-10-11/world_of_warcraft_s_guardian_cub_creates_rmt_loophole.shtml

Blizzard has made some small change to the newly companion pet called the Guardian Cub, which costs $10 and it is tradable, which can be sold in-game at the auction house for gold.

This is a signal that Blizzard is trying new transaction system for WoW. I guess WoW will launch a cash-based auction house just like Diablo 3 and be free to play.

Re: The Future of WoW - My Prediction

Post 16 Oct 2011 04:15

I am neither going to say I agree or disagree. However I will say this, that this is one large assumption based off of one buyable pet that can be traded. I wouldn't start assuming things like that this early. Who knows, maybe it COULD happen, but I highly doubt it to be honest. WoW has been running well off of its subscription based way right now and successfully. This would be a huge change over for them in World of Warcraft that could or could not cost them the rest of WoW's life or major subscription base of their players. I believe if Blizzard is smart, which I do believe, they will stick with the way they are currently allowing their players to play/pay for World of Warcraft, through their subscription based paying methods, per month, per 3 months, per 6 months on their site or through game cards. Free to play? I highly doubt it considering 11 million plus people still play WoW, and if it was changed to a cash based auction house, many would leave and Blizzard would actually lose a lot of money.

Again, your assumption is quite large off of something so small. Things easily change, and this COULD be a one time thing and again it could not.

Re: The Future of WoW - My Prediction

Post 17 Oct 2011 14:20

.. A real cash auction house doesn't cover the entire future of WoW.

Misleading title?