Totally Disappointed

Re: Totally Disappointed

Post 27 Dec 2011 21:52

Well...I am not blaming any guilds or players. We always do which might allow and best for progression. In past Blizz didnt take any serious action if only one guild using that action or people/community hyped that bug(Ensidia- LK bug).
Look at the past- Even Paragon used bleed effect bug on Nerf but in result nothing happened. It didnt count as exploit.
If blizz take action every time - nobody wanna use bug/exploit. Like now after mass ban they went back to business as usual. Such type of action of Blizz force/attract all hardcore guilds towards exploits.
Anyway gz for 8/8 and EU first Madness.

Post 27 Dec 2011 23:10

Sevyn wrote:It doesn't matter if other people get away with it or not.

It bloody well does!

That's called precedent, and it's a cornerstone of the US legal system.

You guys talk about a fair race... well It wouldn't have been fair if you guys would have been allowed to go on with the exploit even if it was just a "minor" exploit.

a) Blizzard could easily have just removed the gear, without giving the ban, or with merely a 3-day ban.
b) Other guilds could have used the same exploit.
c) Even if the extra gear wouldn't have been perfectly fair, it would have been a lot fairer than the 8-day ban.

One the flip side... I do find it rather ridiculous that by now Blizzard can't properly test and debug their stuff based on how huge they are... I mean as an established 8? or however long it's been out game you'd think they'd have it down to a science by now. Ah well, everyone's human and makes mistakes.

Here's the thing: Everyone makes mistakes. What matters is how you handle them.

It's wrong to slam other people for making mistakes, if you make similar mistakes yourself.

And that's my problem with Blizzard. They make a lot of mistakes with unfixed bugs from the PTR, slow response to tickets about exploits, wrong answers to such tickets, etc. And as you say, everyone makes mistakes, that's only human. But the fact that they mess up so badly themselves means they're wrong to slam hard on guilds who make similar mistakes.

Post 28 Dec 2011 18:52

Taiphon wrote:
Sevyn wrote:It doesn't matter if other people get away with it or not.

It bloody well does!

That's called precedent, and it's a cornerstone of the US legal system.

And if blizzard allowed it to go on then it would have been the precedent from now till the end of the game. Well you let all the top guilds exploit.

Taiphon wrote:
You guys talk about a fair race... well It wouldn't have been fair if you guys would have been allowed to go on with the exploit even if it was just a "minor" exploit.

a) Blizzard could easily have just removed the gear, without giving the ban, or with merely a 3-day ban.
b) Other guilds could have used the same exploit.
c) Even if the extra gear wouldn't have been perfectly fair, it would have been a lot fairer than the 8-day ban.

a) they could of done that but considering all the guilds in question were the celebrities of wow they made an example out of them.. happens all the time in the real world does it not? Your average traffic offender gets off a lot of the time. If you happen to be a celebrities doing 180mph with a news chopper over your head you can bet your a$$ you going to jail. This is what happen public outcry, blogs posting it about it was everywhere blizzard had to do something.
b) Brilliant idea promote exploiting in the game < which will set the precedent for the next time something big like this happens.
c) Refer back to a... they made an example out of these guilds whether or not it was fair in your eyes or mine is not the issue, they broke the TOS they got punished for it. If it was such a minor upgrade then why to they exploit? No one knew how long the race would take, some people might have had an idea of how long but no one knew the exactly how long it would take to down madness.

Taiphon wrote:
One the flip side... I do find it rather ridiculous that by now Blizzard can't properly test and debug their stuff based on how huge they are... I mean as an established 8? or however long it's been out game you'd think they'd have it down to a science by now. Ah well, everyone's human and makes mistakes.

Here's the thing: Everyone makes mistakes. What matters is how you handle them.

It's wrong to slam other people for making mistakes, if you make similar mistakes yourself.

And that's my problem with Blizzard. They make a lot of mistakes with unfixed bugs from the PTR, slow response to tickets about exploits, wrong answers to such tickets, etc. And as you say, everyone makes mistakes, that's only human. But the fact that they mess up so badly themselves means they're wrong to slam hard on guilds who make similar mistakes.

They are not wrong for punishing these guilds the way they did, the guilds at fault are.. these are the guilds that get invited to blizzcon, these are the guilds the public looks at when it comes to raiding, these are the guilds blizzard gets important feed back from, these are the celebrities of wow, they got caught publicly and then paid for it by losing WFKs.

Get over it... the only people at fault here are the guild who knew full and well that using exploits could result in action being taken by blizzard.

Suck it up there is always next season!