Tier 13

Tier 13

Post 22 Dec 2011 16:21

First of all hi,
The reason iam currently posting this is to see opinions between players.
So lets start,imo the current tier content was not what i expected.
All the top guilds had a really bad start due to the ,lets say''exploit''.After that we had 10mans trying to gather pieces and then suddenly the WFs for kr guilds.
The race wasnt as we thought it would be.Paragon,Method,Envy,Ensidia and all those top guilds arent in the top anymore.
So what do u think went wrong?The 8-day ban,bad luck,SWTOR launch,koreans being better organised or just..not the usual interest in finishing WF.
I know there is gonna be a lot of trolling around but try to think like mature people and give mature answers.
I do apologize for my english.
Thanks again.

Re: Tier 13

Post 28 Dec 2011 09:59

User avatarmeth

I would say that the 8 Day ban was an important factor. Furthermore it seems that the bi-weekly reset of Firelands in Korea / Taiwan led to some more Legendary staves and that they were also on the right classes (Mages, not SPriests, Druids, Warlocks). All in all several factors came together. In a complete equal race I think that Paragon and Method would have been the toughest opponents for KIN and Stars.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 28 Dec 2011 12:13

User avatararx

Madness is a 2-3 (raid) night boss. It is fairly straightforward, but you still have to hit into the problems to fix them. Then once you have it down, you need to execute it without Thrall failing or someone disconnecting to meet the number requirements.

The final encounter being a relative pushover, this race was about Spine. It has some kinks you need to work around, but stripped down, it's about doing the maximum amount of damage in ~20 seconds (the cast is 23 seconds, but in practice it's visible at around 3 seconds elapsed). It requires a stacked comp and gear. A week's worth of gear is the difference between 'wiping' at 1 million or killing a tendon -- speaking from experience :) But of course gear and comp are two sides of the same coin. Killing Spine would not be a problem with something like this in bis Firelands/LFR gear.

I'm also aware of Stars' 8-openings tactic, but that only shifts focus away from one area in the comp to something else. You'll still have a very, very hard time doing that without gear and a stack of arcane mages, for example.

So all in all, KIN (and Stars) had the comp, the gear, and the execution. That 8 days meant we lacked one week of gear, and we weren't able to make up for it in the comp or execution. It's hard to speculate what would have happened if gear had been on equal footing; could we have matched the comp and execution, or would one or the other still have been lacking? We'll never know :)

arx / xaar

Post 28 Dec 2011 12:43

User avatarHermanni

I think the biggest problem about Madness is that it lacks the generic fire for people to die in. There's very few chances for an individual player to wipe the raid or get themselves killed, and from beginning to the end it's mostly just switch target - dps - switch target - dps, which gets easy after a bit of practice when everyone's got the feel of when the switches are coming and how to deal with the efficiently. There's a few instances of "oh you have a debuff, why don't you stand over there" and spreading out but other than that people will only need to worry about hitting the right targets and using their cooldowns right. Madness is like a series of checkpoints and after Spine they all feel pretty tame.

Post 28 Dec 2011 13:44

Answers are true.Iam pretty sure that without the 8-day ban and the gear u could have gained during the first week the rankings would be simillar to past tiers.Anyway lets hop the best for MoP and for your get on the TOP again wich you belong.
King regards

Post 28 Dec 2011 14:19

arx wrote:Madness is a 2-3 (raid) night boss. It is fairly straightforward, but you still have to hit into the problems to fix them. Then once you have it down, you need to execute it without Thrall failing or someone disconnecting to meet the number requirements.

The final encounter being a relative pushover, this race was about Spine. It has some kinks you need to work around, but stripped down, it's about doing the maximum amount of damage in ~20 seconds (the cast is 23 seconds, but in practice it's visible at around 3 seconds elapsed). It requires a stacked comp and gear. A week's worth of gear is the difference between 'wiping' at 1 million or killing a tendon -- speaking from experience :) But of course gear and comp are two sides of the same coin. Killing Spine would not be a problem with something like this in bis Firelands/LFR gear.

I'm also aware of Stars' 8-openings tactic, but that only shifts focus away from one area in the comp to something else. You'll still have a very, very hard time doing that without gear and a stack of arcane mages, for example.

So all in all, KIN (and Stars) had the comp, the gear, and the execution. That 8 days meant we lacked one week of gear, and we weren't able to make up for it in the comp or execution. It's hard to speculate what would have happened if gear had been on equal footing; could we have matched the comp and execution, or would one or the other still have been lacking? We'll never know :)

Very good and interesting answer.

Post 29 Dec 2011 07:09

I'm a bit surprised :

During the PTR of DS, everyone was enthusiastic about DS, with the design of the encounters, the fact that the last boss was in two parts, the "balance" between classes, ...

After wards, it feels like it's the worst tier ever designed...

I'm not playing WoW for a long time now, but I enjoy reading some news about the game.

Where is the truth? Is it a real crap, or is it just disappointment about the 8-days ban? I have the feeling that you guys (paragon) are a bit frustrated about spine, and the comp required...

Just wondering... :)