Max Settings & You

Max Settings & You

Post 03 Feb 2012 01:14

Good Evening:

This may seem like a silly inquiry, but I previously asked on MMO-C and didn't get helpful responses.

What are considered to be the "max settings" of WoW's graphics and sound by a high-end guild like yourself?
Consider even the obscure options in the advanced pane such as "Reduce Input Lag".
What FPS is acceptable for you in a 25man raid situation?
What options are the first to be toggled down or off to reach your acceptable FPS?
Feel free to share any additional thoughts or opinions outside of what I've asked about.

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Tony

Re: Max Settings & You

Post 15 Feb 2012 12:08

I would imagine anything above 45 FPS or so. I dont notice a difference between 45 FPS and 90.

Re: Max Settings & You

Post 15 Feb 2012 14:09

User avatarKyy

I´m having between 30 and 60 fps while raiding 25mans (having vsync enabled). I think as long as you have 25-30fps min it´s fine. For settings I have everything max except shadows, shadows seem to affect fps the most and also don´t seem to work that well in wow anyway.

If for some reason I´m having fps issues turning down combat log heavy addons such as recount helps way more then tuning down graphics. Also checking if you have some addon causing loads of .lua errors can solve low fps sometimes.

Hating with passion