Concerning the Lightning's Blade realm

Concerning the Lightning's Blade realm

Post 02 May 2012 07:59

User avatarfateswarm

I was wondering what you opinion was on the declining population of our realm lately.

I know you are depended on cross-realm apps and non-english speaking players but I wonder what your opinion is.

I thought it would be normal to have 20%, even 40% slow down due to being the ending of an expansion but lately it starts being severe. It feels like being in Alliance side.

I was certain your fame brings people to the realm (even if they can't join) but right now I suspect even your fame may not save it.

Re: Concerning the Lightning's Blade realm

Post 02 May 2012 11:13

User avatarKyy

Lightning´s Blade is the worst server I´ve ever played on. It´s utter shit to make it clear. It´s really frustrating to play on such low pop server with nearly no one to play with outside your own guild. Currently we have maybe 10 players that actually play the game out side the raids and pretty much every single one of us would love the guild to migrate away but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

But as for your question, I don´t think it actually affects our recruitment currently but im sure for every other guild, no matter horde or alliance it´s a huge stress.

Talking about Paragon´s fame bringing more people to the server. Thats not really the case most guilds that consider them self competitive and care for server first feats (yes those don't give titles anymore, but lots of ppl joy for being in the best guild on the server no matter if world rank is 200)´dont wanna come here just because we would get those by 99.9% chance. And for the rest, I bet 95% of the ppl outside guilds I mentioned before dont give a flying fuck on which server we are or who we are

I don´t really see a way to fix the server population other then tagging LB as recommended, making it a pve server (It actually doesn´t change your gaming experience at all) and having massive free migrates from all the high pop servers. Not sure if even that would fix it fast enough to keep the players currently on the server stay.
Last edited by Kyy on 02 May 2012 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

Hating with passion

Post 02 May 2012 12:01

Kyy wrote:Lightning´s Blade is the worst server I´ve never played on.

I see what you did there Basi!

Post 02 May 2012 12:25

User avatarKyy

Snap! Now I´m ashamed Wesa busted my typo

Hating with passion

Post 02 May 2012 21:38

I just transfered to lightning's blade and jep it does suck!
But indeed just log in for raids pew pew and log off to a better server:)

Post 07 May 2012 16:17

User avatarfateswarm

I think you're overplaying there the part of guilds wanting to be realm first because while that might have some truth, there are guilds that consider it a non issue since they know the world knows a world first is another class in itself and being realm first below a world first class it's an equal achievement. But it might have some truth. Well, especially for the more 'selfish' ones (and naive, that might not look further than a 'realm list' and not the wider game ranking).

As for myself, I may wait for it for a bit until MoP, even though my guild partially disbanded for individuals' personal life reasons and I'm not sure I will be playing myself so it might be blurry.

But if I try to see the picture purely objectively and on a third person point of view, I suspect MoP will bring more people, some new, some back from beta, some old that want to see the new and shiny. But I still think you bring it popularity and it would collapse the realm if you weren't here, at least currently with people being disappointed without necessarily being very objective about it (e.g. by lacking an understanding most endings of expansions have low interest on the live expansion).