10 vs 25 Cataclysm

Re: 10 vs 25 Cataclysm

Post 20 Aug 2010 16:53

User avatarzYN

Kanlo wrote:If this 10 and 25 man dropping the same loot , everyone will be the same gear lvl and the game will be very easy and there will be nothing that everyone wants to fight for and then the game is pointless then people start quitting.

I wouldn't necessarily make the assumption at all that the game will be any easier. If I had to guess, I'd say Blizzard will make gap between Normal mode and Heroic wider (by making Heroics harder).

For me, the "something to fight for" part comes from competing against a lot of other players as a team. If the gear level is the same between the 10-man and 25-man modes, I'm all for it. It will just level the playing field for a lot of people. It will also, I bet, create more 'hardcore' raiders due to a handful of different reasons. Some of these will make the jump from 10-man to 25-man, making the competition even tougher. I like that thought.

For the initial raid content though, I wouldn't mind some type of "attunement" or key quest however. Being able to do 10 different bosses at the same time is something I dislike a lot. More linear progress path is what a lot of players have been wanting for a looong long time. It's fine to have an option or two here and there though, just for flavor.

Post 20 Aug 2010 23:58

zYN wrote:For the initial raid content though, I wouldn't mind some type of "attunement" or key quest however. Being able to do 10 different bosses at the same time is something I dislike a lot. More linear progress path is what a lot of players have been wanting for a looong long time. It's fine to have an option or two here and there though, just for flavor.

I totally agree. A quest or series of quests, will also draw players' attention to the history and or lore of the raid, etc. Linear progress... absolutely.

Post 22 Aug 2010 07:29

but...25 man is the beauty of PvE..idc about loot..i just love the art of PvE. 10 man is ok but 25 man is a true talent when you can achieve the HM bosses. some easy bosses some hard..but over all 25 man is so much more enjoyable its more epic. special when you get realms first 25 man..thats when you get the special feeling that you dont get in 10 man. only 25 man

Post 22 Aug 2010 07:56

User avatarmeth

The comparison might be far off but thinking that 10 man will replace 25 man or be on the same level is like seeing indoor football on the same level as outdoor football on the green field.

Both work, but outdoor is king. 25 man will stay the level at which the top guilds will compete for world firsts. 10 man, same difficulty or not, will be more like the training grounds for them I think.

Post 22 Aug 2010 15:54

blizzard just thinkin of the money, by making 10 man the same as 25man they will create more casual raiders which means more monthly subscriptions thats all they care bout.