Computer spec

Computer spec

Post 22 Feb 2011 22:28

User avatartearz

Hello members of Paragon!

I'm looking for a new computer and need some help with what I should buy. I also wonder what kind of computers you guys use, since most of you fraps during kills etc. (with zero lagg?)

I will use my computer for gaming mostly and WoW in general, but would also like to try new games like Crysis 2. I will also use it for fraps and video editing.

I was looking at two systems tho the price difference is huge and Im not rly sure if its worth it.

System 1:

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition
Corsair HX 750W PSU
Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950 (Quad Core, 3,06Ghz, Socket 1366, 8MB, 130W, Boxed w/fan)
Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Fam
ASUS P6X58D-E, Socket-1366
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB CL9
Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX
Crucial RealSSD C300 2,5" 128GB SATA 6 Gb/s, up to 355MB/140MB sec
OEM SSD 2.5" to 3.5" Bracket SATA
Western Digital Caviar® Green™ 1TB

System 2:

Corsair TX 750W PSU
ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Socket-1366
Intel Core™ i7 Hexa Processor i7-970 (Hexa Core, 3,2Ghz, Socket 1366, 12MB, QPI: 4,8GT/sec, 130W, Boxed w/fan)
Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Fan
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB CL9
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 1536MB PhysX CUDA
Crucial RealSSD C300 2,5" 128GB SATA 6 Gb/s, up to 355MB/140MB sec

System 2 is actually about 700EU more expensive then system 1, so what is the differens in actual performance.

I dont have tolarance for lagg really and im pretty fastidious and I love to do alot of stuff at the same time.

I would also like to add that, if I buy system 1 for example and in a year or two take those money that I saved and upgrade it, isnt that worth more then just top performace for a year?

Re: Computer spec

Post 25 Feb 2011 04:13

User avatarDiamondTear

System two is designed to trick noobs into thinking they're buying something great when they're not.

Unless your old computer is broken and you need a new one right away, your only smart option is waiting a month or two and then buying a sandy bridge (Intel 2600K) system that has been pre-overclocked to 4GHz+. Everything else is just a waste of money. If you can't find a computer shop that offers pre-OC'd systems, try to get a friend to do it for you.

Post 25 Feb 2011 08:44

I'm with DT here, just wait for Sandy Bridges to be available again. Even without overclocking they'll beat the older systems in gaming performance.

Also, I'd recommend staying away from these premade packages, as they always have something crappy about them, like the CPU cooler and the ZOTAC GeForce in "System 2" - ask a friend to help build the computer if you don't know how to. That way you get to choose the best parts rather than having to live with something that's otherwise awesome but has one or two things not quite so great about it...

Post 07 Apr 2011 19:09

I have always preferred build my own system from scratch. It's a better option in every way.

Post 18 Apr 2011 14:46

User avatarzaqxswcd95

I agree with these three, just wait, and change what you want, premades are a waste of money imo.

Post 22 Apr 2011 14:40

User avatartearz

How about this system?

Corsair HX 750W PSU
ASUS P8P67 PRO, Socket-1155
Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K, 3,4GHz, Socket LGA1155, 8MB, Boxed
Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
CoolIT Systems OEM ECO A.L.C. CPU Watercooler
Gainward GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX
Corsair SSD Force Series™ F120, 120GB
Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Burner, AD-7260S

Its about 1550 EURO.
Ps. Is the processor overclocked when I get it? Or do I have to do it myself?

Post 16 Aug 2011 19:42

I'm also not fan of premade packages. However that last one is something I'd buy.

2600k is the smartest/finest you can get, I also love the P8P67 PRO (although I'd buy MSI rather than ASUS). The Corsair PSU? Damn good. Also good for the memory. About the SSDs i don't have to even mention they're king, but in particular Im wouldn't buy such a thing, the price difference is ridiculously high in comparison with a Raptor for instance & performance is almost the same It doesn't worth the money.

For the rest
-The watercooler seems just fine (I'm not familiarized with that).
-The gtx 580 is mindblasting.
-The Caviar Green is adequate (better to get two of these with the SSD's $)

This system itself is high end, if you can afford it you should.

I almost forgot, please do not buy a factory OCed system for multiple reasons, you better do it yourself .