Oslo terrorist used World of Warcraft as Cover

Oslo terrorist used World of Warcraft as Cover

Post 26 Jul 2011 09:03

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-07 ... acre.shtml

For WOW, according to the manifesto, it's used as cover. The original word says that "using social taboos is an extremely effective method from preventing people who know you well from digging too much." The taboo Breivik mentions is WOW, as he says "F[or] example, tell them that you have started to play World of Warcraft or any other online MMO game and that you wish to focus on this for the next months/year."

As the article says, video games are used in crime, who should be blamed?

Re: Oslo terrorist used World of Warcraft as Cover

Post 26 Jul 2011 10:34

No-one but the terrorist is to blame. It amazes me every time something bad happens that there is someone who mentions a link to video games, although there's no scientific proof that video games are in any way the cause of it all. In my opinion it all starts with the the fact that person who commits the act is not "clear in the head". Yes, maybe he/she playes WoW, Modern Warfare or another game. Maybe he/she saw a movie. Maybe he/she likes to hunt (as in this case). You never know what event triggers such an act. Still, it is the person who does it that is to be blamed.

Post 28 Jul 2011 03:05

i think the terrorists are the usa's gov.

Post 16 Aug 2011 19:20

People who claim, or are claimed to be affected in such a way by a videogame, believe me they were already mental. I recall a teenager got obsessed with the NES Double Dragon and went out on the street and started to hit random people, if that's not being mental I don't know what is it, Double Dragon's graphics weren't a bit near reality.

This are allegations of people who didn't grew up with videogames. I guess this kind of commentaries will dissapear in a future where the grown ups will be today's boys, and capable of understanding that videogames are just games like any others.