Frapsing, Mic and Voice activation detection?

Frapsing, Mic and Voice activation detection?

Post 27 Jul 2011 01:47

Hey guys! There must be someone out there who can solve my problem. any help will be very much appreciated.

Let me try to explain in the best way possible: When I raid (using team speak and Voice activation detection) my mic will only record to teamspeak if I make more than X amount of volume. (Talking to a degree that people can hear me good)

Now, while frapsing, people that watch the vids can hear -every- sound that come from my mic (Keyboard bashing, rain outside, blurring, etc etc) basically stuff thats really low, and it makes the video annoying to watch. (Only way I can find to solve this is to play without recording sound from my mic, or play with ''Push to talk'' and I really dont wanna go back there)

While this happends on the video I fraps, people on vent can only hear me and background blurr when I'm talking. (Thanks to Voice activation detection on Teamspeak)

My question: Is it possible to make my mic ONLY record to fraps (Like on teamspeak) when I make more than X amount of sound, or even make my mic ONLY ''take in'' sound when I speak high enough (X amount of volume) and if so, how?

Would really appreciate any help guys.

Re: Frapsing, Mic and Voice activation detection?

Post 27 Jul 2011 06:47

I know you can disable fraps from recording the audio from the mic.

Can you record teamspeak conversations within teamspeak? If so, then I suggest disabling fraps from recording your mic and record your communications with teamspeak. You can then layer them together when editing.