Ranged dps UI discussion

Re: Ranged dps UI discussion

Post 18 Sep 2011 17:41

what is that addon on Manni`s SC the left from his unit frame? some kind of a range frame or something :)

Post 19 Sep 2011 03:19

User avatarHermanni

BigWigs Proximity "radar", almost a must-have for heroic Ragnaros.

Post 03 Oct 2011 00:46

Kruf, in the recorded "live streams" on youtube of your heroic firelands raid, are you still using Need To Know for your Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, etc... timers? If not, care to say which addon it is?

Thanks.

Post 15 Oct 2011 06:40

Stole your UI, Its got a nice feel to it. Thanks for the color coded layout =)

Post 14 Nov 2011 16:32

Hi Lappé, what for a font you use for the castbar in the ragnaros 25hc Video?

Post 14 Nov 2011 18:09

yo hey,

xeno what is the name of your dot timer addon? like SWP VT and DP its not classtimer. and when it is how you get your uptime dps etc in it

Austen

Post 15 Nov 2011 10:29

User avatarxenophics

I'm using mfclip to track my target's dots. I'm really not sure what you mean with your second question, could you be more specific?

Post 15 Nov 2011 15:26

thanks thats all :P

Post 06 Mar 2012 17:48

User avatarPantaenius

Hermanni wrote:Because I've had a massive amount of requests, I've uploaded most of what is my UI. It's not perfectly similar to the rather crude UI I had in my recently reinstalled beta in Cho'gall and Nefarian's end movies, but if you prefer those I'm sure you can get there from this.

Screenshots: Here and here without the ugly bars

Basically, I'm not a fan of fancy frames or beautiful borders and backgrounds but prefer function over the looks. This isn't a well-built addon pack with a theme other than purposefulness but just a stash of AddOns I like, none of it really is part of a bigger picture.

How to roll with it: Unlock Bartender bars and set up your binds and spells, put your important cooldowns to the big bottom bar and less important ones to the right or wherever you prefer them. If you're confident about remembering your keybinds you can just untoggle Always Visible and hide the normal action bars. Set up PowerAuras for your class/spec and (re)make your favorite macros. If you heal, you probably want to remake the Grid. The most important parts are your cooldowns on the bottom, your auras over the target frame and your PowerAuras.

If you like to sometimes (or often) play with your sound on, put the folder named sound to your /World of Warcraft/Data/<language>/ -folder, <language> being whichever language you use (enGB, enUS and so on). This disables the silly clicking and whooshing sounds you get when you press a button of a spell that is on a cooldown or try to cast while still on global cooldown or something.

PowerAuras are the backbone of this UI, it actually is one of my favorite AddOns of all times. To me it's one of the best mods for <your class here>, one of the best PvP mods and one of the best PvE mods. You can use it not only to keep up with all your abilities, cooldowns, procs and buffs but it also helps greatly in different boss encounters. I however reinstalled recently so there is nearly nothing made by me and you'll have to set it up yourself. It's easily worth the effort, though.

Also, a handy macro I like:

/script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 5

Turns off the red error text (that skill isn't ready yet, you can't do that yet, blahblah) with the handy camera macro, bound to some vanity key.

List of AddOns used:
Bartender4
Grid(*)
MikScrollingBattleText(*)
MoveAnything
Omen
OmniCC
PowerAuras(*)
Prat
Quartz
Recount
Sexymap
Shadowed Unit Frames
SnowfallKeyPress
Tidyplates
Tidyplates:Threatplates(*)

Those marked with (*) are the ones you really want to configure yourself.

What is missing:
Bossmod
DrainSoulTimer (broken last time I checked)
Tooltip addon (mine broke in 4.0.1)
Gladius
ActionBarSaver (forgot to add it, it's nice though)
Ora2 (same as above)
CustomConsolidateBuffs (One of my favorites, it allows you choose which buffs go to the Consolidated Buffs frame in the Blizzard's Buff Frames, which in my opinion is the neatest thing that happened to buff frames since... ever. However this is broken by recent patches at the time I'm writing this.)

Download Link

If something is missing or broken just let me know and I'll try to fix it. If it doesn't work on your resolution, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to readjust yourself.

Note: Should work in beta.

I don't know how long i looked fpr this :D
But still one problem...
The Megaupload Link is broken :/
Would be pretty cool, when you upload it again somewhere :)
Or you had already done it ? Please give me the link to it ;)
Greetings
Pantaenius

Post 06 Mar 2012 18:01

User avatarHermanni

In case you hadn't heard, Megaupload is broken.

Anyway I took the link out myself because I didn't feel up to keeping the package updated. The configurations themselves aren't very complicated so you should be able to build them with the list of addons and a screenshot.

The only hard one to set up should be PowerAuras, but I've posted my configs around here several times.