Heroic Raggy 10

Heroic Raggy 10

Post 24 Sep 2011 11:15

My guild is currently progressing on heroic ragnaros. We run with a holy pala / priest healing setup, and i am unsure which spec would be most beneficial to go as, disc or holy?

Re: Heroic Raggy 10

Post 24 Sep 2011 11:47

User avatarJhazrun

Holy. No contest.

Post 25 Sep 2011 00:10

Hey there, have a question about your opinion. Why do you think Holy is better for that fight ? Since Holy just gives you throughput, but Disc gives you a barrier, absorbtion, and a Pain Sup. if it is needed in some case. I'd say that the only thing that holy gives in that fight is the speed bubble for 4th phase.

Post 25 Sep 2011 11:16

User avatarJhazrun

Rannuke wrote:Hey there, have a question about your opinion. Why do you think Holy is better for that fight ? Since Holy just gives you throughput, but Disc gives you a barrier, absorbtion, and a Pain Sup. if it is needed in some case. I'd say that the only thing that holy gives in that fight is the speed bubble for 4th phase.

Perhaps surprisingly, I do indeed know what the specs do.
As for your question, Discipline is just the wrong shape, not to mention too fat to make it through even if it wasn't.

Post 25 Sep 2011 12:30

My question wasn't if you know what the specs do or do not, my question was about your opinion why do you think holy is better for the fight then disc. Give me some points to think on.

Post 25 Sep 2011 15:14

User avatarJhazrun

Rannuke wrote:My question wasn't if you know what the specs do or do not, my question was about your opinion why do you think holy is better for the fight then disc. Give me some points to think on.

I have an opinion? You make it sound like there's more to healing than just pressing buttons. All I know and care to know is that the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole. Save overthinking for high school literature classes.

Post 25 Sep 2011 18:39

I am prity sure you didn't understand the question. What i mean, why is holy better then disc on that fight ? Give me some facts.

Post 25 Sep 2011 20:17

I don't mean to be irritating and as an aspiring priest who enjoys disc I would like to know why holy is just plain better ATM. Is it just higher HPS or is it more responsive for spike damage or something?

Post 26 Sep 2011 12:31

User avatarJhazrun

Rannuke wrote:I am prity sure you didn't understand the question. What i mean, why is holy better then disc on that fight ? Give me some facts.

Rest assured that you're not half as cryptic as you seemingly think. I see it all the time. You're expecting an answer not unlike a literary analysis: disconnected snippets of obvious information forcibly stitched together with no relevance or practical application to anyone whatsoever. I'm just the wrong person to expect such silly things from. It's Heroic Ragnaros. You already know how your class works.

Gidgetimer wrote:I don't mean to be irritating and as an aspiring priest who enjoys disc I would like to know why holy is just plain better ATM. Is it just higher HPS or is it more responsive for spike damage or something?

You'll know by the time it matters. If you never do, it never did.

Post 26 Sep 2011 13:39

Okey, well thank you for the answer :S