@Jhaz: Regarding specs

@Jhaz: Regarding specs

Post 03 Oct 2011 13:01

I've haven't been a priest for too long, but from what I've played, I've really enjoyed and grasped the understanding of Disc, but not so much Holy.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the different reforgings, gems, enchants and different specs, but I was hoping you'd be able to clear some things up for me.

As sources, I generally use WoL to see what the spell usages should be. What spells are efficient, what spells shouldn't be used.

Myself: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... w/advanced
UI: http://i53.tinypic.com/2h54dmt.jpg
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced

In the holy spec, you spend 4 points increase the potency and efficiency of your Renew, while he reduces his HW cooldowns and increases his haste/clearcast. Does this mean Renew is your priority as a holy healer, rather than hasted AoE? The part that confuses me more is that you reduced the cooldown of PWS. When does PWS prove to be useful as holy?

As for gems, intel/mastery is better for disc/holy dualspec over intel/haste?

And finally, as for gear priority, is that staff better itemized for this dualspec than the Ko'Gun/Goblet? And why do you preference Heartsong over Power Torrent?

Sorry in advance if these questions are blatantly obvious.
Thank you.

PS. If you're feeling exceptionally generous today, would it be possible to get a SS or upload of your UI? Just to see what it looks like. Thanks. :)

Re: @Jhaz: Regarding specs

Post 03 Oct 2011 14:04

User avatarJhazrun

Alkajak wrote:In the holy spec, you spend 4 points increase the potency and efficiency of your Renew, while he reduces his HW cooldowns and increases his haste/clearcast. Does this mean Renew is your priority as a holy healer, rather than hasted AoE? The part that confuses me more is that you reduced the cooldown of PWS. When does PWS prove to be useful as holy?

We don't cast Holy Words in 25s. Also, Holy talents can't be exchanged for Darkness. He spends on Darkness what I do on Soul Warding.
Soul Warding is for Rag-25 HC P4 and nothing else.

Alkajak wrote:As for gems, intel/mastery is better for disc/holy dualspec over intel/haste?

If one's aiming for the Haste threshold, gemming is counterbalanced in reforging regardless.

Alkajak wrote:And finally, as for gear priority, is that staff better itemized for this dualspec than the Ko'Gun/Goblet?

We're 1st place. We only get bananas.

Alkajak wrote:And why do you preference Heartsong over Power Torrent?

I play Holy on Ragnaros (the only boss that matters).

Alkajak wrote:PS. If you're feeling exceptionally generous today, would it be possible to get a SS or upload of your UI? Just to see what it looks like.

Unfortunately, I still had it under renovation when Firelands hit, and just… never cared enough afterwards to finish.
It's pretty much all aesthetics anyway.

Post 03 Oct 2011 17:44

That was pretty thorough in the minimal amount of sentences.

My only counter-question is why don't you use Holy Words in 25s? Is it inefficient? Not big enough of a heal?

And would it be possible to get a small list of the essential addons that you use? Obviously leaving out Bejewelled and stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply, btw.

Post 03 Oct 2011 21:05

User avatarJhazrun

Alkajak wrote:That was pretty thorough in the minimal amount of sentences.

That's how it works, yes.

Alkajak wrote:My only counter-question is why don't you use Holy Words in 25s? Is it inefficient? Not big enough of a heal?

Well, for one, Sanctuary just doesn't do anything. Serenity is cool for refreshing Renews, but we don't get to use it very often in 25s.

Alkajak wrote:And would it be possible to get a small list of the essential addons that you use? Obviously leaving out Bejewelled and stuff.

BigWigs, Grid, GridStatusHots, GridIndicatorCornerIcons, and GridIndicatorSideText are all I'd consider gameplay-related.

Post 03 Oct 2011 21:16

User avatarxenophics

Jhazrun wrote:BigWigs, Grid, GridStatusHots, GridIndicatorCornerIcons, and GridIndicatorSideText are all I'd consider gameplay-related.

And a kicking pony for Prayer of Mending timer?

Post 04 Oct 2011 10:37

User avatarJhazrun

xenophics wrote:
Jhazrun wrote:BigWigs, Grid, GridStatusHots, GridIndicatorCornerIcons, and GridIndicatorSideText are all I'd consider gameplay-related.

And a kicking pony for Prayer of Mending timer?

Oh, I do have loads of other stuff, but most of it isn't functionally different from the default setup.