Gear for Disc/Holy

Gear for Disc/Holy

Post 14 Oct 2011 14:56

Should I use different gear for Disc and Holy. Imo mastery is more relevant stat for disc in 25 mans than haste, but for Holy I would go haste over mastery, because Holy's mastery is kinda bad and the %-increase per mastery point is quite low. Is mastery still more effective than haste in 25 mans for Holy? If one has more haste they can maybe fit that extra Prayer of Healing before people get topped.
Should disc sacrifice some of the spirit from gear to crit if theres no mastery available? Does Disc's mana regen weaken so much if you sacrifice maybe most of the spirit to another sec. stat? Rapture gives pretty much mana back, unlike Holy doesnt have any secondary mana regen talent, other than 30% more regen from spirit.

ps. Could you answer from both spec's perspective.
pss. I have full 391 heroic gear so my question was about all 25 heroic modes in Firelands, not normals.

Re: Gear for Disc/Holy

Post 15 Oct 2011 01:12

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:Should I use different gear for Disc and Holy.

Theorizing feels silly when we're lucky to even have a 391 as it is. What choice is there?

Imo mastery is more relevant stat for disc in 25 mans than haste, but for Holy I would go haste over mastery, because Holy's mastery is kinda bad and the %-increase per mastery point is quite low. Is mastery still more effective than haste in 25 mans for Holy? If one has more haste they can maybe fit that extra Prayer of Healing before people get topped.

Mastery sounds just fine to me. Firelands made me despise ProH anyway.

Thotz wrote:Should disc sacrifice some of the spirit from gear to crit if theres no mastery available? Does Disc's mana regen weaken so much if you sacrifice maybe most of the spirit to another sec. stat? Rapture gives pretty much mana back, unlike Holy doesnt have any secondary mana regen talent, other than 30% more regen from spirit.

Spirit amounts to relatively small part of Disci's total mana, yes, but what have Crit or Haste done for us lately?

Post 15 Oct 2011 17:37

Y U NO LOVE PROH?

Post 15 Oct 2011 18:21

User avatarJhazrun

Cyvus wrote:Y U NO LOVE PROH?

Because the fights don't let me use it unless they explicitly tell to. Pic' possibly unrelated.

Post 15 Oct 2011 18:45

I enjoyed that.

Post 15 Oct 2011 19:49

Jhazrun wrote:
Thotz wrote:Spirit amounts to relatively small part of Disci's total mana, yes, but what have Crit or Haste done for us lately?

Crit heal 200% of the normal heal, 10% crit chance incr. to Grace/Weakened Soul target and ofc Divine Aegis. So shouldnt crit be a lot more powerful stat for disc than just mastery stack?

Theorizing feels silly when we're lucky to even have a 391 as it is. What choice is there?

Well theres a lot of choices, for example: should I use tailoring 378 boots or shannox hc boots, neck from majordomo or from rhyolith, shoulders from baleroc or tier, wrists from majordomo or valor 378 wrists, hc ragna gloves or tier gloves. So eventually there is choice, isnt there?

Post 15 Oct 2011 19:55

i failed the quoting, and probably spelling too LOL, pls dont care about that

Post 15 Oct 2011 20:48

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:Crit heal 200% of the normal heal, 10% crit chance incr. to Grace/Weakened Soul target and ofc Divine Aegis. So shouldnt crit be a lot more powerful stat for disc than just mastery stack?

PW:S can't crit. What is it you're making respectable use of that does?

neck from majordomo or from rhyolith

'Domo's is gratuitously over-budgeted. Not much tension there.

shoulders from baleroc or tier

Mastery is pretty cool.

hc ragna gloves or tier gloves

Neither has Mastery anyway. 397 with red over 391? Sure, why not. Just don't go breaking the set bonus over pennies.

tailoring 378 boots or shannox hc boots
wrists from majordomo or valor 378 wrists

If 378s aren't below you, then go for it. Are they better? I d'know. *shrug*

Post 15 Oct 2011 22:15

Post 15 Oct 2011 23:52

User avatarJhazrun