Post 15 Oct 2011 23:55

Re: Gear for Disc/Holy

Post 16 Oct 2011 00:15

User avatarJhazrun

Post 16 Oct 2011 04:05

Post 16 Oct 2011 10:01

Jhazrun wrote:PW:S can't crit. What is it you're making respectable use of that do

Using almost only PW:S in a fight wont give the most "healing output" if you want to count absorbs as healing. ProH should be better in continous raid damage, for example Smouldering AoE in Bethilac or Majordomo scorpion cleave. In Baleroc discs will be casting single targets heals, not only PW:S, PW:S, PW:S... PW:S. So do you ignore all other spells that disc will use in certain fights and situations when it comes to stat weight-in, and just think about PW:S?

Post 16 Oct 2011 14:49

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:
Jhazrun wrote:PW:S can't crit. What is it you're making respectable use of that do?
ProH should be better in continous raid damage, for example Smouldering AoE in Bethilac or Majordomo scorpion cleave. In Baleroc discs will be casting single targets heals, not only PW:S

What are you doing up there? / What cleave? / Screwball fight where stats barely matter.

Post 16 Oct 2011 18:35

I was just giving examples of fights where raid takes damage differently. In Bethi'lac Smouldering AoE when almost whole raid is stacked, because of the AoE boss is doing upstairs. Like when raid takes dmg pulses over and over again during period of time. In there isn't ProH better than just spam PW:S? Because PW:S only has 15s duration.

Post 16 Oct 2011 18:37

And could you answer the question I proposed about stat weight-in?

Post 16 Oct 2011 19:15

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:I was just giving examples of fights where raid takes damage differently. In Bethi'lac Smouldering AoE when almost whole raid is stacked, because of the AoE boss is doing upstairs. Like when raid takes dmg pulses over and over again during period of time. In there isn't ProH better than just spam PW:S? Because PW:S only has 15s duration.

The rain is just, well, (Venom) Rain, but I see what you meant. It's still no different from all the other phases where the game straight-out holds your hand and tells you to clump up and AoE heal. I don't like those.

Thotz wrote:And could you answer the question I proposed about stat weight-in?

Stat weights? Aren't those something damage dealers do? Are we damage dealers?

Post 16 Oct 2011 21:06

It seems that it's too hard for you to give a relevant answer to a question. You were my idol and I used to like you, but the arrogant and abrupt replies to people's posts made you look like a dork. It makes me sad that people admire you and seek answers from you, but you cant give them, for some reason. :(

Post 16 Oct 2011 23:13

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:It seems that it's too hard for you to give a relevant answer to a question. You were my idol and I used to like you, but the arrogant and abrupt replies to people's posts made you look like a dork. It makes me sad that people admire you and seek answers from you, but you cant give them, for some reason. :(

I just heal stuff. My answers have no less relevance than I believe they should, and you don't come to me to be fed someone else's view.

You see, people putting effort into anything tend to go through a curious pattern: First they're just learning the ropes and not really caring about the fancy stuff. Then they start branching out and trying to absorb everything they can. When, however, they finally do get the hang of things by themselves, they realize that half of all of the stuff they sweated over really doesn't mean squat in the big picture.

People come here with concerns over all kinds of meaningless trivia, and I tell them to take it easy. Healing's about being comfortable in the situation, not memorizing the spell rotation you saw on EJ. I can't tell you if HST/CRT 391 is better for Holy than SPI/HST 378 because I quite frankly don't know, and I don't know because I haven't cared about any of that for very long time. I also couldn't tell you my crit-%, or how much Mastery I have, or what my mana regen rate is, or even how much my Greater Heal heals. When the boss is pulled, none of that matters in the slightest.

It's unfortunate that you see this as you do. Well, not for me, of course. I'll just keep healing stuff.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 16 Oct 2011 23:39, edited 1 time in total.