Gear for Disc/Holy

Re: Gear for Disc/Holy

Post 20 Oct 2011 05:23

Relying on Clique (an add-on) is a bit of a risk as it can bug out at any time. I was raiding last night and our rSham started complaining that Clique would not heal himself. It would heal everyone normally, but when he tried to heal himself, it would heal his target instead. He wasn't able to heal himself all night. Mouseovers are a macro and they can't fail like coded add-ons can. Stick to the fail-safe methods. Don't be lazy.

@Jhaz, if you don't upload your entire UI, will you be uploading your pony quartz bar? Lmfao.

Post 20 Oct 2011 14:06

healbot with 15-button mouse ftw, mouseover macroes requires you to press a keyboard key and also target the raid member, it's way too slow. discuss about healbot, i think it's healer's best friend.

Post 20 Oct 2011 16:59

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:healbot with 15-button mouse ftw, mouseover macroes requires you to press a keyboard key and also target the raid member, it's way too slow. discuss about healbot, i think it's healer's best friend.

Neither's faster than the other. One just skips the key press, the other the mouse click.

Alkajak wrote:@Jhaz, if you don't upload your entire UI, will you be uploading your pony quartz bar? Lmfao.

It's actually combination of three addons (none of which is Quartz) and two custom files, and as such a bit of a… mess. Besides, I only use it because I DON'T need a cast bar, and can afford sacrificing practicality for gaudiness.

Post 20 Oct 2011 17:56

you have to move you finger a lot more on your keyboard than on mouse.

Post 21 Oct 2011 23:06

Anybody got any opinions on Cord of the Raven Queen vs Embereye Belt? Not too thrilled about throwing away spirit and mastery but it's a fairly significant chunk of int increase. Don't really have access to anything better at the moment.

Post 21 Oct 2011 23:48

User avatarJhazrun

mannaroth wrote:Anybody got any opinions on Cord of the Raven Queen vs Embereye Belt? Not too thrilled about throwing away spirit and mastery but it's a fairly significant chunk of int increase. Don't really have access to anything better at the moment.

You can safely wear either without feeling bad about stats (speaking for Holy, of course.)

Post 22 Oct 2011 00:15

Jhazrun, what you think about Divine Hymn buff for Holy build in 4.3? I have a 359 ilvl premade Holy Priest on PTR realm, and Divine Hymn critted 36k with my own buffs. Sounds pretty sick for me atleast...

Post 22 Oct 2011 03:59

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:Jhazrun, what you think about Divine Hymn buff for Holy build in 4.3? I have a 359 ilvl premade Holy Priest on PTR realm, and Divine Hymn critted 36k with my own buffs. Sounds pretty sick for me atleast...

Personally I'm way more excited about 100 yd Atonement, but hey, having our original spell trivialized by the druid copy for ONLY a year? That, my friend, is what we call progress!

PS: Don't quote crit values unless it's to account for additional modifiers (i.e. Divine Aegis). It makes you sound like you could be sold a vacuum cleaner by calling it a SUPER vacuum cleaner.

Post 22 Oct 2011 10:02

We'll be talking about Smitebots in next patch most likely, if they will really change the range to 100 yard. It's not official, I guess (?).

Post 22 Oct 2011 10:25

Too bad it's really hard to fit AA/Atonement + SoS talent and ToT + Inspiration etc in the same build. I kinda hate the fact that you have to have two different specs for AoE and Single target encounters. Imo there's too much talents for discs and low amount of talent points to put on the secondary builds to make it reliable. You either have to sacrifice something really necessary to get something necessary or if you don't, things get awkward.
It's like your in a candy shop and you'll see all these delicious candys, but you only have certain amount of money, so you can't afford all the candys you want. No matter what combo of candys you end up choosing to your bag, in the end you don't have enough money to get all the candys from the board, in the end whatever choice you do will be undesirable.