Haste

Haste

Post 23 Oct 2011 05:00

Is there a fundamental reason about priests that go 10% haste followed by stacking mastery vs 7% haste followed by stacking mastery? I'd imagine you reach 7% for your own reasons, and other priests go 10% for another reason. Could you clarify it for me, Jhaz?

Re: Haste

Post 23 Oct 2011 05:11

STAT QUESTION.

Here we go...

Post 23 Oct 2011 06:32

User avatarJhazrun

Holy requires additional Haste if the raid buff isn't present, and as a 25s guild we can safely assume it will be. 10% sounds about where it and Darkness match the 5% buff and 7-something-% items.

Cyvus wrote:STAT QUESTION.
Here we go...

That's cute, but this isn't a quandary of valuation. I still have to respect the demands of gameplay mechanics, however arbitrary.

Post 23 Oct 2011 21:17

Jhazrun, do you do any HPS calculations when u obtain better gear? I hate holy cuz can't do good hps, and thats why discs are better. And good healer is the one who does most HPS, right?

Post 23 Oct 2011 22:24

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:Jhazrun, do you do any HPS calculations when u obtain better gear? I hate holy cuz can't do good hps, and thats why discs are better. And good healer is the one who does most HPS, right?

It doesn't work if you tell you're trolling.

Post 24 Oct 2011 10:07

It seems it's pretty hard to troll trolls, mon!

Post 24 Oct 2011 10:19

But I have to be disc to top the HPS meters, cuz then people think I'm good. Honestly isn't there even a tiny little bit skill needed to do more hps than others... even a little? :( How can you tell if healer is good any other way? Not trolling btw. Yea ofc cooldown usage, announcing stuff plaplapla. When it comes to a situation where you need to pick let's say 5 healers to an encounter and you have 8 healers in your roster, then you have to pick the "best" healers that can do the best, because everything matters.
Yea yea, ofc in your roster can't be bad healers, but always people think that guys is better than that guy. I don't really get why there is such a thing as HPS in recount or w/e addon. It's just stupid. In the end it's a meter and diameter of somekind of healing done output. And then most stupid thing ever: World of Logs HPS, like wtf srsly. People are really doing their best to get top ranks for no reason. That been said HPS should count, right?

Post 24 Oct 2011 10:22

When I feel depressed in raids, I just farm hps like crazy (DA stacks before pull etc) and then I might top the healing and I feel good and superior. And people think like "oooo he's good".

Post 24 Oct 2011 14:03

Thotz wrote:I don't really get why there is such a thing as HPS in recount or w/e addon. It's just stupid. In the end it's a meter and diameter of somekind of healing done output. And then most stupid thing ever: World of Logs HPS, like wtf srsly. People are really doing their best to get top ranks for no reason.

Thotz wrote:I just farm hps like crazy (DA stacks before pull etc) and then I might top the healing and I feel good and superior.

Whaaaat? :P Makes no sense at all to me.
The role as a healer means your job is to keep the raid alive. In other words, did the raid survive? Yes? - U did your job. No? - Why? The most of the time it is due to something else than the HPS and and in those cases u probably also did your job.

Obviously HPS matters since not all dmg is avoidable, but as long as your healers' HPS meet that Dmg. taken pr. sec. u might as well replace the guy failing at moving or w/e.

And.. you can't compare two healers if they are not the same class. Obviously if u have priests in your guild, not failing, and the one does more HPS than the second, thats when u can use those things u hate (or?), such as WoL, to analyze why he does so. But keep the first thing I wrote in mind.

Post 24 Oct 2011 15:49

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:The role as a healer means your job is to keep the raid alive. In other words, did the raid survive? Yes? - U did your job.

That's just as silly, and thrown around at least as often.