Haste

Re: Haste

Post 25 Oct 2011 09:20

Fair enough, I would like to hear your "healing-philosophy" as well then Jhaz, would be nice to see what a high end raider like you think of the role of ours. I don't think u care about the meters do you? U bring the spec and play-style that contributes your raid the most (obv.), but not necessarily HPS-wise. (I'll throw Majordomo out as an example).

Post 25 Oct 2011 13:48

For Jhazrun: How do you choose the healers for your progression bosses if there is more than one the same class? For example heroic Ragnaros needed, in the end, only 3 healers for the kill. I don't know was Zhinn raiding during that time or not, but how would you have chosen/or did choose between you and Zhinn, which one would have been in the progress setup, if there's no incapabilities such as work etc affecting the decision? Basicly if you need to choose one healer from two healers.

Post 25 Oct 2011 15:49

User avatarJhazrun

Éowym wrote:Fair enough, I would like to hear your "healing-philosophy" as well then Jhaz, would be nice to see what a high end raider like you think of the role of ours. I don't think u care about the meters do you? U bring the spec and play-style that contributes your raid the most (obv.), but not necessarily HPS-wise. (I'll throw Majordomo out as an example).

A little light-hearted rivalry is still healthy for overall performance and accountability. Topping the meters means those paladin f*ckers don't get to paste theirs.

Thotz wrote:For Jhazrun: How do you choose the healers for your progression bosses if there is more than one the same class? For example heroic Ragnaros needed, in the end, only 3 healers for the kill. I don't know was Zhinn raiding during that time or not, but how would you have chosen/or did choose between you and Zhinn, which one would have been in the progress setup, if there's no incapabilities such as work etc affecting the decision? Basicly if you need to choose one healer from two healers.

Our raid spot friction amounts to DPS fighting over who gets to sit out farm raids. I don't think there is a system.

Post 25 Oct 2011 16:12

No... I didn't ask that. How you choose healers for a progress boss if there is only 3 spots available overall and 2x same class and you only need 1 of that class?

Post 25 Oct 2011 17:21

Jhazrun wrote:A little light-hearted rivalry is still healthy for overall performance and accountability. Topping the meters means those paladin f*ckers don't get to paste theirs.

Hehe, I agree on that. (But isn't it the druids that post the meters these days? Or does the palas just tease u more in general? :P)

But I think what I was trying to say was, that the meters does not necessarily show who is the best healer, especially not in a class 1 vs class 2 situation. U can't judge a healer's skill level if he is stacking DAs pre-combat to top the meter, or going for flash heals to get to heal the target before others for that sake (if the fast heal is not needed ofc.).

Post 25 Oct 2011 19:52

User avatarJhazrun

Thotz wrote:No... I didn't ask that. How you choose healers for a progress boss if there is only 3 spots available overall and 2x same class and you only need 1 of that class?

We don't. Someone feels like passing and does so.

Éowym wrote:[Hehe, I agree on that. (But isn't it the druids that post the meters these days? Or does the palas just tease u more in general? :P)

If a fight ends with a paladin on top, the meter's coming up within three seconds. Make of that what you will.

But I think what I was trying to say was, that the meters does not necessarily show who is the best healer, especially not in a class 1 vs class 2 situation. U can't judge a healer's skill level if he is stacking DAs pre-combat to top the meter, or going for flash heals to get to heal the target before others for that sake (if the fast heal is not needed ofc.).

A: "Ten."
B: "That's too much."
C: "Yeah, it's one."
B: "No, that's too little."
C: "But ten's too much!"
B: "..."

Post 26 Oct 2011 04:39

While on the topic of stats, how do you feel about people that reforge OUT of spirit completely (almost down to 1.5k spirit) to stack mastery/crit for "tank healing"? I've noticed this trend in a lot of heroic rag disc priests.

Post 26 Oct 2011 04:58

User avatarJhazrun

Alkajak wrote:While on the topic of stats, how do you feel about people that reforge OUT of spirit completely (almost down to 1.5k spirit) to stack mastery/crit for "tank healing"? I've noticed this trend in a lot of heroic rag disc priests.

Wut?

Post 26 Oct 2011 05:11

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... l/advanced

This guy for example. People are really enjoying this type of thing. Reforging their spirit into other stats to increase their absorbs like crazy with no care to their regen.

Edit: I suppose he doesn't reforge spirit itself, but he avoids spirit gear.

Post 26 Oct 2011 13:49

Jhazrun wrote:A: "Ten."
B: "That's too much."
C: "Yeah, it's one."
B: "No, that's too little."
C: "But ten's too much!"
B: "..."

Argh, well.. I suppose you are right..

;-)