DoT Tracker Question for Xenophics

DoT Tracker Question for Xenophics

Post 31 Oct 2011 17:58

Hi, I browse here regularly for any tips i can find to better my game as a Shadow Priest. With that said, recently i've been struggling to find a solid DoT tracker addon and i'm curious if you might be able to help me with it. I've tried Class Timer, DoTimer, and Fortexorcist, but none of them feel really comfortable, not sure if it's just the transition i'm making from looking at the unit frame debuffs rather than a seperate DoT lister or what. >.<

Re: DoT Tracker Question for Xenophics

Post 31 Oct 2011 20:09

User avatarxenophics

Hmm, kind of hard to help you in that situation when you are not even sure if you want the change or not. Myself I use mfclip, but it took a a couple of weeks (read: a couple of raids) to learn to play with it properly.

So I'd just advice you to force yourself get comfortable with the one you decide to use. I think there is only 3 options. Dots visible in unit frame debuffs, dots visible in some form of bars (tracks your target for instance), or dots visible on top of the unitframe. Just pick one and give yourself enough time to get familiar with it, and only then decide if it was good or not.

You can also take a look at how Manni has his dots visible if you hate bars.

Post 01 Nov 2011 01:02

Alright, thanks for the quick response, i'll try to force myself to get used to them(I've done it in the past and i'll be damned if I can't do it again!). I'll also check out how Manni has his DoTs listed.

Post 01 Nov 2011 02:41

I use NeedToKnow, have it set up to show all 3 dots on target, on focus, and shadow orb / empowered shadow duration.

Post 29 Nov 2011 12:20

Funny thing. I've acustomed myself with Xperl (and emphasized big dots). I've tried all the addons you guys listed, but just couldn't do it. I'm one that uses the Unit Frames at the top of the UI, not bottom, and I'm doing pretty well.